Not Matchless or AJS Question - Horns

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
thornebt

Re: Not Matchless or AJS Question - Horns

Post by thornebt »

Triumph-Legend wrote:The Fiamm diagram is so small and faint that it would be difficult to take a photo or scan of it. But I think I have now got my head round the problem of understanding Fiamm's diagram. I am optimistic they will be working shortly.

It seldom pays to be too optimistic, you will only be disapointed if things don't work. :rofl: If they do work they will probably have more poke than the Fiat that they are bolted onto.
Warning. Don't point the horn trumpets forwards as this will act as effective air braking and may even drive the vehicle backwards.

Why would any manufacturer call one of their models a Panda? All they do is loaf about all day chewing bamboo. I have never before seem such lazy amimals.
Well not since I left the motor trade anyway.
It's a great little car. 100HP. 6 speed gearbox. It replaced my Peugeot RCZ which suffered from too many engine management warnings and jacking points that are not fit for purpose. The Panda (it is an odd choice of name now you mention it!) is ideal for the limited mileage I do, is fun to drive and does 48mpg. I love it! It's also easier to start than the Matchless! Cheers. Bruce.
Triumph-Legend

Re: Not Matchless or AJS Question - Horns

Post by Triumph-Legend »

thornebt wrote:
Triumph-Legend wrote:The Fiamm diagram is so small and faint that it would be difficult to take a photo or scan of it. But I think I have now got my head round the problem of understanding Fiamm's diagram. I am optimistic they will be working shortly.

It seldom pays to be too optimistic, you will only be disapointed if things don't work. :rofl: If they do work they will probably have more poke than the Fiat that they are bolted onto.
Warning. Don't point the horn trumpets forwards as this will act as effective air braking and may even drive the vehicle backwards.

Why would any manufacturer call one of their models a Panda? All they do is loaf about all day chewing bamboo. I have never before seem such lazy amimals.
Well not since I left the motor trade anyway.
It's a great little car. 100HP. 6 speed gearbox. It replaced my Peugeot RCZ which suffered from too many engine management warnings and jacking points that are not fit for purpose. The Panda (it is an odd choice of name now you mention it!) is ideal for the limited mileage I do, is fun to drive and does 48mpg. I love it! It's also easier to start than the Matchless! Cheers. Bruce.
Most dashboard warning lights can be repared or easilly fixed with wire cutters. They a fitted for entertainment only and should not be taken seriously. :lol:

Some years back my missus wanted a small car. Hmm. After a bit of looking about settled on a Fiat Punto with the hot to trot 16 valve motor. I think they were trying to flog off the cars and built them with a selection of avaiable bits and pieces at the factory to make a hot small car. Can't deny it well very well for a bargain small new car. The body was a bit flimsy though, not a problem until the door strap started to flex the surrounding sheet metal and then large hole appeared on the front inner door panel as the check strap spring friction assembly decided to retire.
The check strap was always lubricated but never seem to work smoothly. Not so good for a car only a few years from new. Mind you it could have been worse, the whole flipping door could have fallen off.

There are a lot worse cars about though, I know having worked on quite a few of them, including many very expensive sports cars. Before buying any motor, read as much as you can on new and used road tests, then go and have a word with your friendly mechanic. (not the vendor of the vehicle). If their advice is steer clear of certain makes and models, do heed their advice after all they do work on the flipping things all day every day and know the bad un's.

Fiat playtime. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Fi ... M%3DVDMHRS