B52 - the forgotten gearbox?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Greybeard

B52 - the forgotten gearbox?

Post by Greybeard »

Im gradually working my way through the engine and gearbox of my 16MS 'trials' project and coming to realise just how much neglect and general buggerment the poor old thing has suffered. Removing the outer case of the box has revealed that it is in a very poor, but hopefully salvageable state. Im not sure how much of the ball bearings in the kickstart end of the mainshaft bearing remain, but it seems that the ball cage is the only thing left thats keeping the inner and outer races apart! There was possibly a whole soup spoon full of oil left in the box along with about a cricket ball sized lump of old, hardened grease blethered around the kickstart mechanism.
Whilst the box isnt the most complicated device in the world I wouldnt mind getting my hands on a manual to download for it. Google brings up plenty of parts lists and exploded drawings but the only links I found relating to manuals appear dead.
Has anyone out there got a current link to one, please?

Steve
SPRIDDLER

Re: B52 - the forgotten gearbox?

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Several illustrated strip and rebuild and techy articles plus exploded dia's and technical drawings in Christians Archive:

http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Tra ... on/Burman/
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Greybeard

Re: B52 - the forgotten gearbox?

Post by Greybeard »

Ooooh, that's embarassing :oops: I looked there first and completely missed those. Perhaps I damaged my eyesight more than I was told I would as a kid :roll:

Thanks, Sprids.