General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

Re: New member

Post by 39speedtwin »

Doesn't Mike Partridge have a front guard, I believe he still has parts, my 1952 G80 CS came from him.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

AMC Classic Spares list the mudguard along with the bridge, rivets, stays and attaching parts.

Regards Mick
steven bell

Post by steven bell »

Thanks for the info . I was looking for something that was made in the UK I am putting a parts list together for AMC classic the last stuff I got from Steve only took two weeks to get here. It looks like Mike gets some of his parts from Steve as well the hard part is trying to save money on shipping
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

Rob Harknett wrote:There may not be factory records for all AMC machines in particular Compt. models. However, there is machine dating information acceptable by the DVLA as factual. So the club Dating Officer can confirm year of manufacture of frame & engine numbers.
Hi Steven, I suggest you join the eGroup as well if you haven't already. Rick Mann may help confirm your frame and engine codes with his G80CS registry.

Best,

Knut S.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

steven bell wrote:Thanks for the dating info if I remember correctly I tried and the records are not available.
Well I have started to take the rear wheel apart to inspect the parts how hard can it be. Well :headbang: I took the wheel into the basement went to remove the spacer on the speedodrive side NOT it's rusted to the shaft I used heat and everything else I could think of no go.I ended cutting it off and I am working on the rest of it. I don't think the spindle has been out since it was installed in 55. I took the old tire off and removed the old red inner tube. First question is should the spindle not push out from the brake side? From what I have been reading should this be a QD hub? I think this is going to be a long job it's a good thing winter is 6 months long :beer: and lots of it I think. Any help will be greatly appreciated HELP.
CHEERS
Steven
Did you try a liquid thread loosener? You need to let it work for up to one week.
Spindle 021587 may be available as repop but hardly in the quality the OEM part had (material, finish, heat treatment). Cutting OEM parts should really be the last resort. Do not throw away your old spindle and cut-off part! You may need it for comparing lengths, diameters, etc.

-Knut
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

mdt-son wrote:
Hi Steven, I suggest you join the eGroup as well if you haven't already. Rick Mann may help confirm your frame and engine codes with his G80CS registry.

Best,

Knut S.
Forgive my ignorance but what "eGroup" and how does one join?
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

steven bell

Post by steven bell »

[I have dropped off the gas tank at the paint shop I think I will go with the Campbell soup red or as close as I can get has anyone used the DDL3164-D if so how close is it and are you happy? I was helping a friend with a matchless motor 500 cc 1952 I think. We went to remove it valves but it is not the same as my 55the book said mine should pop out by hand and they did but his valves you must need a special tool is there any reason we can’t use the same parts as on the 55 motor for the valves? The springs go into the block and on mine they sit on the block I can’t see Amy reason why he can’t use the same parts as the 55
Ok how do you post photos?
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

steven bell wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:21 pm Ok how do you post photos?
Take a look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12424
Corners like a Lego man