Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
steven bell

Jampot

Post by steven bell »

Hi all, I was wondering what is the best way to read the Jampot news on line? Is it on the website somewhere?
clive

Re: Jampot

Post by clive »

Steven there are lots of back issues available from the home screen at "club details" "jampots 1956 to 2004". Worth having a nose round them for interesting articles. As a digital member you will get notification from the webmaster when you can access your latest copy of the magazine. It's timed so the notification comes at the same time as the magazine hits the letterboxes of the U.K. members. Not had mine yet for January!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
steven bell

Post by steven bell »

Hi Clive,
Thanks for the info I have been reading some of the back issues. As I am new to the site and a techno dinosaur I thought I would spend a bit of time looking over the site. I must admit I have spent most of the time looking at where is it now lots of interesting stories and back stories but I do wish people would not leave the stories un finished .
Cheers
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Looking at the 1954 Jampot magazine adverts section on the back page.
1938 Cotton combination, 500 JAP motor, mechanically sound, £30.

The problem is that there is no telephone number on the advert. If anybody knows a Mr A. Hartland, of Cranford, Middx. Please conact him and ask if the machine is still available and also for his telephone number or email address. I'm interested in buying the machine if it is available and in decent roadworthy condition.

Thanks,

Adrian.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

1955 Jampot magazine advertisement, 350 ally head and Welworthy, (Alfin) barrel, fully machined with std piston and a pair of 55 cams.
All under 2000 miles and in perfect condition. £10.00 ONO. Seems like a fair price.

Could be worth a punt if it was a bit closer to home. Reigate is a fair way from Peterborough.
Will contact the seller to see if he is prepared to post and the cost of postage.
The sellers telephone call number Reigate 3805 seems to not be currently available. Possibly an issue with a shared line. I'll try again later.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

clive wrote:Steven there are lots of back issues available from the home screen at "club details" "jampots 1956 to 2004". Worth having a nose round them for interesting articles. As a digital member you will get notification from the webmaster when you can access your latest copy of the magazine. It's timed so the notification comes at the same time as the magazine hits the letterboxes of the U.K. members. Not had mine yet for January!
The back issues are a fun read. Many thanks to those responsible for compiling the collection and scanning into PDF format. :beer:
clive

Post by clive »

Triumph-Legend wrote:
clive wrote:Steven there are lots of back issues available from the home screen at "club details" "jampots 1956 to 2004". Worth having a nose round them for interesting articles. As a digital member you will get notification from the webmaster when you can access your latest copy of the magazine. It's timed so the notification comes at the same time as the magazine hits the letterboxes of the U.K. members. Not had mine yet for January!
The back issues are a fun read. Many thanks to those responsible for compiling the collection and scanning into PDF format. :beer:
That was Rob Harknett club Vice President. Just how long he spent on it only he knows but it is a wonderful resource. thanks Rob.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:
Triumph-Legend wrote:
That was Rob Harknett club Vice President. Just how long he spent on it only he knows but it is a wonderful resource. thanks Rob.
I had been admitted to hospital Nov. 7 days Dec. 8 days and most of January, when I was not expected to survive.
I did, but could not do much accept sit indoors all day. So I thought I'd do something worth while, while I still can do so.. I kept going until I caught up with the back issues that were already digital. The old magazines actually start at 1954.