Jean-Paul ALTAYRAC - Sad news.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
JEAN-NOEL

Jean-Paul ALTAYRAC - Sad news.

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Gents,
This morning I wanted to present my season greatings to Jean-Paul ALTAYRAC, but unfortunately it was his wife who answered me, to let me know that he died on Wednesday, December 30. What a bad surprise...Passionate about Matchless and an excellent engineer, he produced special single engines from A to Z to equip his machines, on which he participated in many classic scramble competitions. For years he managed the Club's French section. He was also an excellent rugbyman. R.I.P.
Kind regards.
clive

Re: Jean-Paul ALTAYRAC - Sad news.

Post by clive »

Sorry to hear this. Jean-Paul used to be a regular at Jampot rallies with his campervan and latest loud and fast bike. Will miss him.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sad news indeed. I recall years ago, a group of French members would arrive at Jampot rallies in a large custom painted coach. Which I am sure Jean- Paul was part of. My last memories I recall chatting with him was at an event held in Plumstead.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Very sad to hear that, he was a great guy. Yes he always brought something exotic plus a huge amount of wine which he was happy to share! I'll never forget the rally he organised at Oxonne near Dijon. RIP Jean-Paul.
Dave.
clive

Post by clive »

My first International Jampot Rally Dijon. Rode overnight in the combo with Luky and kids one and two number 3 was on the way I think. 24 hours ride from home, and 2 hours before we left I was installing sidecar fork springs courtesy of Russel motors as the sidecar was a Busmar double adult. I got about 50 miles from the rally and had to have an hours sleep in a field.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
didier43

Post by didier43 »

Beaucoup de tristesse d'apprendre cette nouvelle, il m'a donné énormément de conseils pour ma machine, je suis sidéré qu'il soit parti aussi vite et je pense qu'il va être regretté par beaucoup de personnes. Ciao Jean Paul !
Didier AUGE
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

This is shocking sad news to me. During 2019 and into 2020 I had extensive discussions with Jean-Paul on a large project of common interest which included producing alloy castings, which was his former profession and passion. We also discussed his G50 Seeley at length and he sent pictures of his G12 trike. I had hoped for continued discussions with him this year. Although I never met Jean-Paul in person, he was always friendly and eager to participate in discussions on various topics, prooving experience and competence. Jean-Paul will be sorely missed.

Dear Jean-Paul, there are no goodbyes. Where ever you'll be, you will remain in my heart.

- Knut
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

SAD New,s indeed
How we hope we will LIVE for EVER .
The Rally O SO HOT at DIJION NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN .
The talk at The PLUNPSTEAD REUNION also in my memory .
Condolences to the family.
If only we could have been there to say " SAFE JOURNEY ".
STAY SAFE ONE AND ALL
r w webb