Stickies

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Stickies

Post by 56G80S »

Some of the other websites I use have a feature called "stickies" things that are like the kind of thing that might be in an FAQ thread but specific to a topic.

I wondered it there was a possibility of having something like that, say for an alert that there was a stock change in the adverts on the Kettering Classics. Stickies always appear at the top of the sub heading.

Or is there something like that and I'm displaying my ignorance - no change there.

JohnnyB

Yes, ignorant again, just seen the "Announcements" banner - that's the kind of thing. So there would be a "New stock at Kettering Classics" announcement and everyone would head there rather than trawl what they've already seen.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Stickies

Post by Eamonn »

There is a very similar function on the home page of Jampot.com that shows the latest "promotional" products on sale.

A similar function could be used to promote the latest acquisitions of bike sales.

The main issue is that it would require someone to keep the list up to date as bikes are bought and sold.
However, you get the same effect by using the link called "Just arrived" on kettering-classics.com - this shows a list of the top 14 newest bikes available.
This link takes you to the relevant page:
http://www.kettering-classics.com/store ... y=recently
Corners like a Lego man
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Eamonn,

I was just thinking of a way to get Kettering Classics more firmly in front of people, like maybe having that link in an Announcement. Just make it as easy as possible for potential buyers to hook up with sales.

JohnnyB
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Two options come to mind:

1) as well as a list of the promoted spares items on the homepage of Jampot.com, include a box with the (say) most recent 6 additions to the Kettering Classics system

2) add a new button to the very top of the Forum screens, alongside the "Jampot.com" button, that links to the Kettering Classics website and the list of recent additions (maybe replace the "Members" button with this new one?).

Just a couple of ideas that may well provide additional promotion....
Corners like a Lego man
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I don't think it's a good idea to lose the 'Members' button. How about a window on the homepage with a photo of the latest addition to Kettering's stock?

Regards Mick
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Mick D wrote:How about a window on the homepage with a photo of the latest addition to Kettering's stock?
That's a good all round compromise - take a look at Jampot.com now...!
Corners like a Lego man
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Great stuff - that's my kind of machine, not too smart!

JohnnyB