Jampot January 2021

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: Jampot January 2021

Post by ajscomboman »

spookefoote1956 wrote:The point I was making had nothing to do with the adverts. I was pointing out that if Rex was reading his Jampot hard copy why wasn't I able to read my digital one?

If I'm reading this correctly, the reason for not pressing the button is that

a) Digital readers would get an unfair advantage over reading the adverts before the hard copy readers
b) Eammon hasn't got his (no disrespect intended to you Eammon, you are ten men)
You missed off c) The President doesn't have his either!!!!!!!
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

ajscomboman wrote:
spookefoote1956 wrote:The point I was making had nothing to do with the adverts. I was pointing out that if Rex was reading his Jampot hard copy why wasn't I able to read my digital one?

a) Digital readers would get an unfair advantage over reading the adverts before the hard copy readers
b) Eammon hasn't got his (no disrespect intended to you Eammon, you are ten men)
c) The President doesn't have his either!!!!!!!!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

spookefoote1956 wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:

c) The President doesn't have his either!!!!!!!!
It's all about rank! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I hear you Prez
preview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

It should be going live soon as my hard copy was in the mail box and Eamonn has been notified. :beer: :beer:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Post man delivered mine in Essex village 2.30 pm
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

The digital version is now available.
Corners like a Lego man
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Why not simplify the process? Publish the E version in the members only section of the website and put a notification on the homepage - no need to send me an Email notification that the current issue is available to download.

Regards Mick

Didn't see any replies to this. Surely the simplest way and I can't see anybody losing from this.
One year, I think about 5 years ago I took the E option. It basically meant I missed a year of Jampots as I hadn't taken into account that I usually read them in bed. Yes, I could have printed them. Most of that year I was in a test facility and staying in a Hotel, so not so easy. Reverting to printed version solved it anyway.

Regards Stan
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Group Leader wrote:
Eamonn wrote: Maybe it is the right time to consider the best way of distributing the digital version of the magazine....
Adverts or no adverts, I'd be all for an improved digital delivery system as the current one, I have to say, appears to be rather convoluted!

Alan
Mick D wrote:Why not simplify the process? Publish the E version in the members only section of the website and put a notification on the homepage - no need to send me an Email notification that the current issue is available to download.

Regards Mick
Stan Palmer wrote:Didn't see any replies to this. Surely the simplest way and I can't see anybody losing from this.
One year, I think about 5 years ago I took the E option. It basically meant I missed a year of Jampots as I hadn't taken into account that I usually read them in bed. Yes, I could have printed them. Most of that year I was in a test facility and staying in a Hotel, so not so easy. Reverting to printed version solved it anyway.

Regards Stan
Well sorry to hark on about this but .......

Just found the Email notifying me of the March issue so I thought I'd download it. Of course, I'd been logged out of Jampot so I logged in, followed the link then, of course, I had to enter my password again to download it. It appeared that I hadn't actually downloaded January's or February's so I downloaded those two also but not before having to enter my password two more times.

Why does the process have to be so tedious and convoluted? I enter my password and secret data less times when doing internet banking! Once I've logged onto Jampot that should be enough shouldn't it? The fact that I get "Logged Out" randomly from both Jampot and the Forum when I've selected "Stay logged in" (or whatever it says) is the icing on the cake.

Clearly I'd not missed reading January's or February's Jampots that much if I hadn't been bothered to go through the process before, which perhaps should be of greater concern to all those that work so hard to contribute, produce and distribute them in the first place?

Is it me?

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol: