WhatsApp and Telegram

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: WhatsApp and Telegram

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote:
Sprid - so you've been for a visit to the Weald & Downland, have you!
Actually John, I have and a jolly good day out it was.

I only have a £9.99 Tesco PAYG phone so your technology is mumbo-jumbo to me but I'm beginning to think it's time I moved into the modern world with comms software although I'm not aware of having any need for it. :?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Nev, I set up a whatsapp group for our local vmcc section. Not only is it great that some of the members who are isolated get to talk to their mates but we can ask questions and get instant responses and advice. We also have the opportunity to photograph and video mechanical problems as well as vide conversations where we can show other members what we are doing or what the problem is and get help straight away.

The overriding thing for me though is keeping folk out of isolation. So I'm trying to create more well being. Much in the same way that this forum isn't just an information bank to me.

Stay safe
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

spookefoote1956 wrote:Nev, I set up a whatsapp group for our local vmcc section. Not only is it great that some of the members who are isolated get to talk to their mates but we can ask questions and get instant responses and advice. We also have the opportunity to photograph and video mechanical problems as well as vide conversations where we can show other members what we are doing or what the problem is and get help straight away.

The overriding thing for me though is keeping folk out of isolation. So I'm trying to create more well being. Much in the same way that this forum isn't just an information bank to me.

Stay safe
Yes, it can be a bonus, especially in these isolating times and I do participate in our section Zoom meetings using my laptop. Sadly I've not been able to find a supplier of those impressive spoof library and bookshelf backdrops that all the working-from-home politicians, virus experts and intellectual professors seem to have when on T.V.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
spookefoote1956

Easy Nev. Click on the upwards chevron next to the vido camera icon. Choose Virtual background. You can choose a preset or pick a picture on your computer (lots of the vmcc crew choose pics of their bikes) if your processor can handle it you'll get you in the forground and the pic as a background. Failing that get a cheap green screen from fleabite or amawrong.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Spookey's spot on. I am in a WhatsApp group for my golfing pals, not that I have played much over the last year.

Also a Goggle group for my year group from school. This has been excellent. It's reassuring to know that almost all of us "old boys" of the Grocers Company School, latterly Hackney Downs Grammar School, have made progress in both our working life and have also developed positively as individuals. There are some in the group that are much better to know now than they were when at school. Not in my year but old boys include Harold Pinter and Michael Caine and many others of note (keep quiet about John Bloom those who remember Rolls Razor).

Thanks for your tip about the Zoom backgrounds as well. 3 hour zoom meeting yesterday with internal audit, same amount of time gone today on following up the queries.

JohnnyB
spookefoote1956

Nev if you want to try some filters and stuff we can do a zoomy some time.