Courier recommendations please.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Courier recommendations please.

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Due to lockdown obviously we can't go far these days, I am asking if any of you can recommend a reliable courier please?

The big end has expired on my M16 350, and it's beyond my capabilities to press the old bearing out and balance the crank. I'll probably get the mains done and little end as well.

In normal circumstances I'd just pop the bottom end into the car and drop it off. I like to meet the people face to face and explain what I need.

I'd like someone who will look after it and won't lose bits!

Any ideas please? I can then put it back together, and eventually (fingers crossed of course!) be able to enjoy riding it again after this nasty stuff is out the way :)

Thank you

Andy
ianw1

Re: Courier recommendations please.

Post by ianw1 »

Andy, My Hermes & the other cheap couriers have "lost" items I sent with them in the past, they are known for it.
I only use Royal Mail now, a bit more expensive but reliable.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I have used UPS for the last 4 years for sending parts, mostly speedometers to the U.K. Europe and Australia without problems, however you must consider the value, if worth more than £50 I always insure for the value plus shipping cost. In most regions there is a local shop where you can drop of, in my case 400 yards away.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Andy.
I think all couriers are under pressure at present with full depots etc. so if you want to be 100% confident I'd suggest giving Jerry Fiford a call. He's a thoroughly good chap in S. London, a classic bike fanatic and races classic Hondas. He runs a (still) busy personal nationwide bike collection/delivery service for dealers and privately. It's a long shot but worth a call as although it wouldn't be cost effective just for your needs he might be able to combine it with one of his trips.
He has done several for me and only knows me as Spriddler.
Jerry Fiford - 07816 557837
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Who will you get to rebuild the engine ? John Boulton perhaps ? John will know which courier's have delivered engines OK also he must surely use a trustworthy courier to return them.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

ianw1 wrote:Andy, My Hermes & the other cheap couriers have "lost" items I sent with them in the past, they are known for it.
I only use Royal Mail now, a bit more expensive but reliable.
Odd isn't it, I've sent over 300 centre stands world wide using Parcel2Go with Hermes and others and not had a one go missing yet. Yes there has been the odd delay and 1 return but none lost.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote: Odd isn't it, I've sent over 300 centre stands world wide using Parcel2Go with Hermes and others and not had a one go missing yet. Yes there has been the odd delay and 1 return but none lost.
It's surprising that those easy to use roll on roll off centre stands don't get nicked as they're such an excellent product.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote: Odd isn't it, I've sent over 300 centre stands world wide using Parcel2Go with Hermes and others and not had a one go missing yet. Yes there has been the odd delay and 1 return but none lost.
It's surprising that those easy to use roll on roll off centre stands don't get nicked as they're such an excellent product.
Steady Nev, you'll make me blush!!! :rofl: :rofl:
clive

Post by clive »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Andy...................
You have another name then Neville? But please don't encourage that comboman!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:Andy...................
You have another name then Neville? But please don't encourage that comboman!
You know you love chasing me, it's a bit like the film catch me if you can!! :D :D