Courier recommendations please.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: Courier recommendations please.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:
clive wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:Andy...................
He has done several for me and only knows me as Spriddler.
You have another name then Neville? But please don't encourage that comboman!
You know you love chasing me, it's a bit like the film catch me if you can!! :D :D
And even if he did catch up with you'd already be indoors having a beer while he was still outside struggling to get his bike on the stand. :rofl:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Thanks for all of your useful responses. The others are just hilarious to read as ever! It's gone back to being not to serious again, we need that, especially now. :D
chappers1962

Post by chappers1962 »

I will only ever use Royal Mail or DPD. Hermes will loose your item ( there's a timing side axel in their cavernous warehouse of lost post, the one like In Indiana Jones), Yodel will wait until your out and then Try to deliver it, usually 3 attempts, then send it back to the originator. If an Amazon delivery driver is involved in anyway, your item will be thrown over the fence or left in a bin, on bin day. It's a jungle out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I need to send a wooden box about 40cms square weighing about 40 lbs to Alpha Bearings.

I thought I'd use Royal Mail, is there any problem that people know of in sending a wooden box or should I enclose it in a cardboard one?

I had thought of DHL as well, don't see them mentioned so far.

Johnny B
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

56G80S wrote:I need to send a wooden box about 40cms square weighing about 40 lbs to Alpha Bearings.

I thought I'd use Royal Mail, is there any problem that people know of in sending a wooden box or should I enclose it in a cardboard one?

I had thought of DHL as well, don't see them mentioned so far.

Johnny B
I work for Royal Mail. Sending a wooden box is absolutely fine. Just make sure the label is stuck on well. It will cost you about £30 and most couriers will be significantly cheaper.

Cheers. Bruce.
clive

Post by clive »

AJScomboman wrote:
You know you love chasing me, it's a bit like the film catch me if you can!! :D :D
And even if he did catch up with you'd already be indoors having a beer while he was still outside struggling to get his bike on the stand. :rofl:

Not me I have one of those roll-on roll-off stands he is always on about but I'd use the side stand and have one of his beers too. :beer:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Bruce

Thanks a lot. I plan to take it to the PO Tuesday, as I'm working tomorrow. I didn't want to get it there, queue, and then find it was a problem!

I'm often tight but the crankshaft too important to save a few quid..

Johnny B
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

56G80S wrote:Bruce

Thanks a lot. I plan to take it to the PO Tuesday, as I'm working tomorrow. I didn't want to get it there, queue, and then find it was a problem!

I'm often tight but the crankshaft too important to save a few quid..

Johnny B
Johnny

I'm sure you won't have a problem but if they ask if it has been in contact with petrol just say 'no' to be on the safe side.

Cheers. Bruce.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Right, due to a change in circumstances my plans have changed.

I need a trustworthy man with a van to shift my whole motorbike, and a few boxes of bits. I've only removed the head and barrel, exhaust etc. to see what the problem is-the big end!

I live in north Essex, and want it taken to Cambridgeshire.

I'd like a motorcycle enthusiast preferably so I know it'll be looked after.

Like I said, in normal circumstances I'd plonk it in my trailer and drive it myself. Due to Covid I'm going to have to pay for it.

Any ideas please?

Andy
bjork

Post by bjork »

For shifting bikes I'd use Moto Movers. Based in Melton Mowbray and run by a bike enthusiast I know well. They are up and down the country all the time with their small fleet of vans. His mobile number is 07506 532456 and website is moto-movers.co.uk

No connection other than I know the geezer and that he is honest, reliable and an enthusiast too. If you do use him he'll probably send me a picture of the bike as he knows I'm similarly smitten.
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today