Memories of 2004

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Greybeard

Memories of 2004

Post by Greybeard »

One of our East Yorkshire Section members, Peter Watson (the chap with the cap in the background) found this Danish newspaper cutting from June 2004 referring to the Jampot Rally, which some of you may remember. As for what the text says I'm at a total loss :roll: but I do know that in the foreground is Ernie Dorsett and Rex Webb.
Denmark 2004 640p.jpg
I thought that it may be of some interest and jog a few memories. My apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but I've cleaned it up as much as I can.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Re: Memories of 2004

Post by Rob Harknett »

Greybeard wrote:One of our East Yorkshire Section members, Peter Watson (the chap with the cap in the background) found this Danish newspaper cutting from June 2004 referring to the Jampot Rally, which some of you may remember. As for what the text says I'm at a total loss :roll: but I do know that in the foreground is Ernie Dorsett and Rex Webb.
Denmark 2004 640p.jpg
I thought that it may be of some interest and jog a few memories. My apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but I've cleaned it up as much as I can.

Steve
Caption reads Men with motorcycles.
Denmark 2004 640p.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Id worked that bit out, Rob :D Can I send you the rest of the article to translate? ;)

Steve
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

The picture is not from the Int. Jampot Rally 2004. the text below the picture, says that it is from Mosten MC Brititish Bike rally, and Ernie Dorsett and Rex Web participate for the 6th time
Regards Poul
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajsph wrote:The picture is not from the Int. Jampot Rally 2004. the text below the picture, says that it is from Mosten MC Brititish Bike rally, and Ernie Dorsett and Rex Web participate for the 6th time
Regards Poul
Errors can creep into news paper reports Steve. I think perhaps Poul would like to see the full report and comment. It's my guess Poul will discover the report is about the clubs 2004 IJR at Tassgiene. ( spelling ? ) Rob
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Ill scan the article tonight, Rob, and PM it to Poul.

Steve
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I'm sure Rex will be along soon to tell us. The timing's about right as the IJR was held in late May at Svendborg. Very enjoyable it was too! Except the truly awfull DJ (not you Rob!) He played the worst stuff I've ever heard and when we requested some rock'n'roll he put on Pinky and Perky doing an Elvis song! :( This was the rally we first met Dariusz from Poland riding his Junak.
Dave
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

The Mosten British Bike Rally was in the beginning of June, and I know that Rex and Ernie attended the Rally a lot of times. Mosten is a small village in Jutland
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

dave16mct wrote:I'm sure Rex will be along soon to tell us. The timing's about right as the IJR was held in late May at Svendborg. Very enjoyable it was too! Except the truly awfull DJ (not you Rob!) He played the worst stuff I've ever heard and when we requested some rock'n'roll he put on Pinky and Perky doing an Elvis song! :( This was the rally we first met Dariusz from Poland riding his Junak.
Dave
I was camping at the 2004 IJR Dave. I seem to recall Christian asking me to be the DJ, but after the rally I was going up north to visit fiends in Klitmoller nr. Hansholm. I would have had to take my tow - a - van full of disco equipment on the ferry and all round Denmark.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajsph wrote:The Mosten British Bike Rally was in the beginning of June, and I know that Rex and Ernie attended the Rally a lot of times. Mosten is a small village in Jutland
I believe there's also a Mosten in Zealand nr. Copenhagen.