Any excuse to get out ..

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Taid

Any excuse to get out ..

Post by Taid »

Just a little bit of shopping at the local ASDA .. (Not me in the yellow jacket .. )

Nearly dropped it putting on the stand .. my foot slipped off the pedal half way up .. (lesson learnt, I hope)
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Taid on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
alanjennings

Re: Any excuse to get out ..

Post by alanjennings »

Lovely day here yesterday out on my 125 ajs to the chemists, fist time since xmas!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Taid wrote:Just a little bit of shopping at the local ASDA ..
You're in good company.....
Justify.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Taid

Post by Taid »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Taid wrote:Just a little bit of shopping at the local ASDA ..
You're in good company.....
I don't aspire to that sort of company ..

Tesco indeed .. way beyond my budget, and further away .. :lol:
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
MAC

Post by MAC »

Looking through all the bad news...decided to check my serious motorcycle forum.....best laugh of the day..thanks!
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

I collect the weekly papers for ourselves and a friend plus some odds and ends shopping that we may need, should the weather be dry I endeavour to use either the Greeves or the Model 31, i have been doing this ever since last year's lockdown in March and usually manage to put in 10 to 15 miles by going the "pretty" route to deliver the friends papers and then back home. Last year it was a real pleasure riding around the back roads and lanes with very few cars on the roads plus the odd cyclists doing their weekly exercise, now it's not much different to pre lockdown times. So much for lockdown!
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

Weather looks very good for the weekend and with everyone itching to get out it might be an idea to do your essential shopping on two wheels but if you've not been out since before Xmas I think you might be shocked at the state of the roads.
I travel for work (essential travel to power stations and water treatment works all over the UK) and I have never seen the roads in such poor condition. There are massive pot holes everywhere including motorways, trunk roads and back lanes and whilst they may be visible during the day, I would certainly think twice before venturing out after dark on a bike even when the C-word situation is relaxed with the roads as they are.