Frame/general painting - 2pk ADC Brand

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Harleyboy

Frame/general painting - 2pk ADC Brand

Post by Harleyboy »

Hi going to attempt to paint frame and other parts of bike using 2pk ADC (Air Dried Converted) aerosol as no compressor/spray gun. Which I understand from online reading etc. is slightly safer than others. I will be using etch primer first then top coat/s finishing with a clear lacquer. I know it will take several days/weeks to complete subject to heat/weather etc. to fully dry/harden.

Looking on line there are numerous suppliers etc. but is there any particular brand which seems to come out best.
chappers1962

Re: Frame/general painting - 2pk ADC Brand

Post by chappers1962 »

Harleyboy wrote:Hi going to attempt to paint frame and other parts of bike using 2pk ADC (Air Dried Converted) aerosol as no compressor/spray gun. Which I understand from online reading etc. is slightly safer than others. I will be using etch primer first then top coat/s finishing with a clear lacquer. I know it will take several days/weeks to complete subject to heat/weather etc. to fully dry/harden.

Looking on line there are numerous suppliers etc. but is there any particular brand which seems to come out best.
I did a lot of research on 2K ADC as wanted the hard wearing finish. The following company came up good on reviews https://www.yourspraypaints.com.

I ended up taking the Petrol/Oil Tanks and tool box to GD Design, but while visiting, I was shown the process of 2K spraying, which convinced me to do mudguards, headlight shell and a few other bits myself. Key is spraying in the right temperature (approx 20 deg) and flow rates, which will be the same for 2K ADC spray cans. With the cans, the paint hardens much slower, so Im led to believe more susceptible to runs. However, a good rubbing compound and a rotary sponge pan should solve that issue - just take your time.
Harleyboy

Re: Frame/general painting - 2pk ADC Brand

Post by Harleyboy »

Thanks chapper1962, yes have been too this website. I've saved it potentially ready to use/order but working out how many cans as I plan to do it all. I'm working on 1/2 etch primers, 4 top coat and 1/2 clear lacquer. As the bikes in poor state I hopeful my antics want make it any worse, if it does then may do what you've done tanks and tool box.

Regards