Andy Wood passing

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
CFSMITH

Andy Wood passing

Post by CFSMITH »

It is with deep regret that I have to inform the Club Membership of the passing of North Essex Section Club Member Andy Wood. Only just recently Andy placed a notification of his illness on The Forum with the hope of having a further 12 to 18 months of life. Sadly this has not happened as Andy passed away in hospital while under going treatment for his Esophagus cancer. Andy won the 2018 Club Raffle Bike and soon joined The North Essex Section where he was an enthusiastic Section Member. His affairs are being handled by a close friend and any relavant details will be passed on if appropriate.
Colin F Smith Section Treasurer.
CFSmith

Re: Andy Wood passing

Post by 1608 »

I have been notified by Andy's friend that the funeral service will take place at 2.45pm 13th May at Colchester Crematorium. All are welcome but, bear in mind that numbers attending will probably be limited to 30 for the indoor service.
Rob Harknett

Re: Andy Wood passing

Post by Rob Harknett »

More sad news. I does seem, winning the raffle bike, gave Andy that little bit more enjoyment during his finale 2/3 years.
Should relatives want to dispose of the bike, I am sure the club will help to sell or purchase it.