1928 AJS

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Peter Lastrucci.

1928 AJS

Post by Peter Lastrucci. »

Hi, I am in the process of purchasing a 1928 AJS 350 OHV that is complete and running but needs restoration to mint condition. The first question is regarding parts availability and where they can be sourced from, the second is what should one offer for such a machine.
silverarrow

1928 AJS

Post by silverarrow »

Peter,

Worth is always a difficult area to discuss as there are a lot of factors. If this bike is complete and original it is worth more as it will take less to restore. Such a machine might cost anywhere between £1,000 & £3,000 in the UK and between £2,500 & £4,000 when restored, original and running. So you can see the value in your bike is really what it needs to complete your project and what this will cost.

It is a lovely model to own and can give you years of pleasure which may be more important to you than the return on investment. In which case get it for as little as you can and get it roadworthy spending as little as possible and enjoy it.

For parts subscribe to The Old Bike Mart - www.oldbikemart.co.uk

Les Smith
Keep smiling
oxleymoor

1928 AJS

Post by oxleymoor »

I think Les's prices are about right. Unless you count dealers ! Parts are almost unobtainable except for those which can be engineered such as big ends, pistons etc. You don't say where you live but you could try an ad on my vintage ajay web site (free) there's a link off these pages.
Good luck
Matt