CORRECT CARBURETTOR STUDS

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
PASSAT50
Deceased

Post by PASSAT50 »

Hi there - can someone please tell me the correct size studs & nuts to order from the spares scheme for securing the carburettor on my 1961 Matchless G12. Thanks in anticipation - Dave
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

http://www.archives.jampot.dk/Book/Spar ... G12CSR.pdf

Look here in Christian's archives. Part number is 000291. To order you only need the part number.
Dave.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Carb studs have not changed for years, same as for when there were no twins. pt. no. 000291 ( which was STD291 beofre the new pt. no's were introduced. ) Manifold studs are long 2 off 026058, short 2 off 010625.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

There are no studs, for the later manifolds bolts were used to hold the carb to the manifold. Available from the parts service (026749)
BOLT CARBURETTOR MOUNTING

If however Dave means the manifold studs then Rob's numbers are correct and are available from the parts service
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Sorry I was thinking about the singles! Anyway the link is there. Dave
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

1960 carb had mounting studs, 1961 suppilmentary list shows no changes. I have studs on my 64 G12 CSR, never checked if they should be bolts.
PASSAT50
Deceased

Post by PASSAT50 »

Thanks for all your help. I should explain I'm replacing the worn monobloc with a new Amal concentric from Surrey Cycles. Tried to fit it today and couldn't get the securing bolt through the carb fixing hole (on flange) nearest the tickler no matter what I tried. The large tickler was blocking access to the hole. Came to the conclusion I would have to use a stud instead with a securing nut to tighten down - if that makes sense!!
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Nope sorry Rob you're wrong. Page 27 of the 1960 manual clearly states Pt No 026749 Bolt fixing carb x 2 twins All models.

Anyway it's of little use to Dave as the carb he plans to use will need the studs from a pre 60 manifold.

Dave, try this, 010624 Stud retaining carburetter to inlet manifold, pre-1960 It's the same stud used on the fork slider to hold the brake stay and stocked at the parts service in section K1.
PASSAT50
Deceased

Post by PASSAT50 »

On the basis of one of them should work I've placed an order for two of each of your suggested parts - so will have a selection of studs & bolts which will hopefully do the trick. Thanks again to you all - Dave
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Yes I did miss the carb flange bolt Rob, running my finger down the list paying no attention to headings I ended up amoung singles. I have studs on that twin of mine you halp get they tyre on for me at 2011 Alternative. But there is the simular problem as Dave mentioned with bolts that he cannot get in. with the studs theres one nut you need to start screwing on with the carb loose, or it wont go on, which we are all aware of. What changed so you could get bolts in I don't know. Rob dare I say it??? its page 27 of the parts list.