Re-registering a bike

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Rob Harknett

Re: Re-registering a bike

Post by Rob Harknett »

All's well that ends well as the saying goes.
We do get jokers and time wasters. So we need to be on our guard. I did try and get some response from Leon about the suspect name that threw us all wobbly. He responded well and has reassured us he is gen. Some how I think we will remember him as Fish much easier than Leon. So if he is happy with that, he'll soon have a few more mates to call him Fish.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

you know, I am astounded that any one should take exception to what I posted, I tried very hard to be positive and welcoming to 'Fish' and explain what this club is all about, I say things as I see them, 'tis not my intention to upset anyone but should anyone be upset by my views then so be it. kind regards
bjork

Post by bjork »

Silly forum names eh? Throw them out of the club, tarred and feathered to boot. I hope the tone of the reception hasn't put him off! Perhaps in future we should probe gently any other new members till they show their hands and prove their eligibility to be here? I'm developing a secret handshake right now. I will launch it at the Jampot rally this summer.
Anyway Fish, welcome to the forum and hopefully the club proper. With the bike you've bought you will certainly need the help this club can offer-it looks a proper challenge for someone not used to old bikes. Luckily there are a good number of owners of the same model here that know their way round the machine, it's weakspots and foibles.
Hope you enjoy it! :beer:
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

But it wasnt so long we had a scammer with another 'fishy' name. We need to be on our guard or our forum could easily be ruined. I wouldnt tell anybody my works nick name, not untill they knew me well