Model 31 toolbox hinge pin

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
teebee67

Model 31 toolbox hinge pin

Post by teebee67 »

Might be a stupid question but how do I remove the pin from the hinge on the toolbox, I want to separate the two parts for painting. Any advise much appreciated.
I'm only old on the outside.
clive

Re: Model 31 toolbox hinge pin

Post by clive »

bash it out with a suitable size drift
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'd leave it assembled - the new paint breaks along the join lines will be invisible, (initially I was concerned paint may flake off of the hinge when it was operated but this didn't happen - the hinge was operated before the paint fully cured). Trying to re-assemble with the excess paint on the hinge will be difficult and you'll knock the paint off of the hinge pin, (and risk impacts to the tool box). I also put the decals on and then clear lacquered over the whole bodywork.

Regards Mick
teebee67

Post by teebee67 »

Can't do that Clive, one end is "blind". Mick, I was thinking of spraying it without dismantling so that's probably the way I will go. Thanks to both for replying.
I'm only old on the outside.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I never took the boxes apart. It would not be easy to remove the pins, difficult to refit. The lid hole also offers some to hook in a bent wire hook , to hang it to dry. I have a wire line in my shed for hanging small bits. Also use big card board box with bent wire hook through one side. This acts as a spray booth. You can turn the hook, to turn the item being sprayed.
teebee67

Post by teebee67 »

Thanks Rob, I think my mind is now made up to spray it as it is.