rear carrier

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
matchbart

rear carrier

Post by matchbart »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a photograph of a g3ls (`54/`55) with saddle and pillion pad that has a rear carrier fitted ? i would like to know where they fasten and what they usually look like.. please..
Janet

Re: rear carrier

Post by Janet »

I can't be certain but I suspect you be able to find some pictures of them if you click on 'photos' at the top right of the page. The piccies are on the main website so you'll have to log in there separately from the forum, as I believe I mentioned to you.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://www.amoc-parts.com/store/comersus_listItems.asp
You can see pictures of rear carriers and years they fit in club spares. click link. There's no drilling or extra bits needed to fit the carriers. You can see in pictures, a rectangular fixing bracket each side with two holes. The four 1/4" nuts and bolts holding the rear section of the guard are used. The carrier will fit level, if fitted the correct way round. Close up to the back end of the dual seat or pillion. Fitting a pad pillion, I am sure will need drilling. Lay the pad on the bike so it is horizontal. Stand well back and view it. If it looks level on the mudguard hump, it is probably in the correct position. Don't drill holes until you are satisfied. The pillion will look awful sloping and not comfortable for the pillion passenger. You may want to bend up 2 inverted U's, to fit under the guard, for added strength. Make them from 1" by 1/8" steel from B&Q. Twin stick the U bend in position, then mark out where to drill. Drill the holes in the U a little larger than the bolt dia. Otherwise the bolt will not drop through easily.
I just tested the link and it does not take you to rear carrier, so just quick search rear carrier in club spares to see them pictured.
Last edited by Rob Harknett on Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

Thanks that is a big help..