Rear wheel spindle

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
JDFS79

Rear wheel spindle

Post by JDFS79 »

IMG_20180127_130112_1517252261924.jpg
I recently ordered a new rear wheel spindle from the club spares, but it doesn't match with the original one and the keys for the cam don't fit, the item number is -
014703 REAR SPINDLE; SOLID 1949-54. I have email the representative for the club spares but from my experience with this service I will get no answer.
Does anyone else notice this problem ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Re: Rear wheel spindle

Post by Rob Harknett »

014703 should be correct for 1952 G3LS. It does not fit all years/models 49/54 This seems to suggest you do not have the correct wheel. That is nothing unusual with these old bikes. People use what ever they have got. You may need 016002 which will fit a different 1952 model also different model of another year. The club supplied the part you asked for. Perhaps you could ask them if 016002 meets up with the dimensions to suit the wheel you have. Perhaps some one else with more knowledge of this era of wheels will know what wheel you have and advise the spindle part number you need. I only have earlier and later spindles.
JDFS79

Post by JDFS79 »

Hi Rob! Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty shore that I have the correct wheel, everything match as per the 1952 spares list for the G3LS, I have the 010555 hub and the 010293 sprocket and brake drum.
The problem with the spindle is on the left side , the recess for the key locating the snail cam is made too close to the thread leaving no space for the( 011290 colar), on the right-hand side everything is good. The reference 016002 it's for the rigid models and it's out off stock.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There must be some one out there that can confirm dimensions Daniel
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:There must be some one out there that can confirm dimensions Daniel
Forgive me for saying so Rob but whilst I fully understand your wanting to help, I can't help but feel as though the people we pay good money too to run the parts service ought to have chimed in by now. As part of their job it really is in there best interests to monitor the forum on a regular basis, more importantly reply to e-mails! This seems to be not the case as the original posting implies. It may well be that the original sample sent to the manufacturers was not a genuine original part or maybe it was but the stock was not checked when delivered.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:There must be some one out there that can confirm dimensions Daniel
Forgive me for saying so Rob but whilst I fully understand your wanting to help, I can't help but feel as though the people we pay good money too to run the parts service ought to have chimed in by now. As part of their job it really is in there best interests to monitor the forum on a regular basis, more importantly reply to e-mails! This seems to be not the case as the original posting implies. It may well be that the original sample sent to the manufacturers was not a genuine original part or maybe it was but the stock was not checked when delivered.
Perhaps they have replied Rob. There has been no comment made as to if they have or have not made a reply, since the paid staff started work this morning. I am assuming the topic started approx. 7 pm last night. So this is only the first working day for staff to reply.
JDFS79

Post by JDFS79 »

Still no answer from the staff.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Perhaps they have replied Rob. There has been no comment made as to if they have or have not made a reply, since the paid staff started work this morning. I am assuming the topic started approx. 7 pm last night. So this is only the first working day for staff to reply.[/quote]

May be best to give them a nudge Rob H
Roy
JDFS79

Post by JDFS79 »

I don't expect a imediate response I understand that probably it takes some time to check all the emails and to review if there is something wrong. I have no idea how many spindles the club sell s , and maybe this error just occurred to me...
JDFS79

Post by JDFS79 »

Hi everyone just want to update . It's all been sorted out , so the new spindle was definitely wrong, and I have send my old one for the club in order that a new one will be made with the good measures.
The old one arrived yesterday and I have been refunded for my expenses, so I may say that in the end it all went well.
As for the spindle I will use the old one for now because I can't find a new one anywhere, and it's not so bad, just that the new nuts are a bit loose , loctite will keep them in place.
Cheers to all , Daniel