G3ls speedo gearbox

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
ajscomboman

Re: G3ls speedo gearbox

Post by ajscomboman »

matchbart wrote:OK, it appears to be ok now, i released the retaining nut until the speedo drive was slack then turned it until it appeared to be located better, tightened everything up and it stays in position when wheel rotated, I will do as suggested and take the assembly of and inspect/replace as needed, thanks everyone,
It's so easy to do, been there and done it myself that's why I was convinced that it was the issue.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:
matchbart wrote:OK, it appears to be ok now, i released the retaining nut until the speedo drive was slack then turned it until it appeared to be located better, tightened everything up and it stays in position when wheel rotated, I will do as suggested and take the assembly of and inspect/replace as needed, thanks everyone,
It's so easy to do, been there and done it myself that's why I was convinced that it was the issue.
Don't let a mate do the nut up, do it your self, don't ask me why ask that helpful Mr ajscomboman. (Holland 2016) ;)
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:
Don't let a mate do the nut up, do it your self, don't ask me why ask that helpful Mr ajscomboman. (Holland 2016) ;)
I'm not taking the blame for that one Mr B, that's your fault for not packing a decent adjustable! I did ride to the rescue though didn't I even if it meant doubling back when the group got split.