Can you fit a chair to a lightweight

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Ian5913

Post by Ian5913 »

How do you fit a chair to a 1960 Lightweight?

Twins seem to have a small tube on the frame down tube. that my bike doesnt have . And it must bolt on some where else as well.

What Chair?

If I was looking for a lightweight secound hand sidecar can you think of a good model to look out for.
Preferabley open top and single seater.

Does any one do a guide Or supply fitting kits

You'll gather I'm new to side cars
So Thankyou for any advice
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

I have never seen or heard of a chair fitted to a Lightweight but then people have fitted them to scooters and all sorts and if you are determined enough anything is possible.

My first instinct is to advise to trade in your machine for a minimum of a 500 single - preferably with a sidecar already fitted that will give you as a novice a quantum leap forward in becoming a chariot pilot.

So far as I recall the lightweight has no provision whatsoever for attaching a side car and doing so without a lot of experience/knowledge could endanger you and/or it.

Les Smith
Keep smiling
Ian5913

Post by Ian5913 »

Thankyou, That matches what i was told at a clubnight the otherday. I have had the 350 so long i am reluctant to let it go. However needs must and i will no doubt have to 'trade up' to a 500cc and as you say i may as well look out for a chair fitted..... Kids who'd have em!

thanks again for the response

ian