Dynamo question

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
SPRIDDLER

Re: Dynamo question

Post by SPRIDDLER »

1608 wrote:Don't tuck your trousers in then :)
I don't tuck mine in for that reason, and I have my gloves inside my sleeve cuffs.
A couple of times I have come to stop and elegantly toppled over in slow motion with my 'putting down' foot firmly still on the peg when the Velcro'd flap at my ankle was caught on something. :oops:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

1608 wrote:Don't tuck your trousers in then :)
I did say I believe twas D&E, anyway The two terminals. :roll:
The E was for Earth on the old style voltage regulator with FADE on the terminals was connected
Field Ammeter Dynamo and Earth which was why I picked you upon it! :roll:

Never quite got over my amusement at this given the many troubles I have had with the mechanical regulators over the years, damn right the lights FADE.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix

Post by 1608 »

Nev, I've had the same problem when wearing lace-up boots, can be very embarrassing not to mention painful.
Clive, I know what you mean.I've never had a lot of luck with the old mechanical regs' and for some silly reason I always read FADE as DEAF. Anyway, my latest to the collection is an Ariel Huntmaster which has what I believe to be the original regulator and I believe because it is the sealed type ie. peened over tabs, it has not been messed with and works perfectly, at least for now.