Front fork tube damper shuttle locating sleeve

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Invicta

Re: Front fork tube damper shuttle locating sleeve

Post by Invicta »

clive wrote:I would have thought the upper and lower holes are all part of the single stanchion and not a thin walled bush. If anything is pressed on I would have thought it was just the retaining ring above the aluminium shuttle (to stop it rising too far). The rebound spring would impact on the shuttle not this ring which is too tight to the stanchion.
My next question is why are you wanting to remove either the pressed on ring or a thin walled bush if you are right? If you then have the stanchions hard chromed you will not be able to get them back on, especially if it is a thin walled bush.
Clive, the ring is free to turn on the stanchion. I can spin it around but it will not move up or down the stanchion. It is as though it is slid on up to a shoulder in the stanchion and then this thin walled shuttle locating sleeve is fitted over the end of the stanchion preventing it coming off.It is possible to have the stanchions ground and hard chromed where necessary with it on , but I thought it would simplify matters if I could get everything off the stanchions.