LED Dipping Bulb

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Expat

Re: LED Dipping Bulb

Post by Expat »

MalcW wrote:So, ajscomboman and Expat, do you use these bulbs in nacelles with a speedo, and it fits OK? Or are yours in headlamp shells with separate speedos?

Malc
Headlamp has speedo fitted, led bulb and flasher unit too. :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Expat

Post by Expat »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:Some LED's may not be good if you still had to get an M o T, But the law should still apply about dipped head lamps. Perhaps a dazzled Policeman may pull you one night and tell you. I wasted money putting LED's in my car, as side lights failed the M o T. because they tended to flicker. I had already removed the main beam LED's as they were useless. So take care using LED, if they dazzle an on coming car, the driver may not see any hand signal you may make.
Rob I've had them checked out at the MOT station and they're fine and would pass the test. The only LED's that I've ever had questioned is the rear, ones I purchased cheap didn't have any number plate illumination despite being sold that they did! I got replacements from Dynamo regulator conversions and they passed with flying colours. Not cheap at £10 ea but have been in years now in a bike that used to eat conventional lamps due to vibes, so paid for themselves in the long run.

Hear, hear..... :lol:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Bit late on this but I have been using the same Paul Goff rear LED set up for a lot of years - it just keeps working versus the tungstens which failed many times in dark nights on the trip from North Yorks to London.

I have to agree that the LED headlight same 40 dynamo that Rob refers to) is great for daytime riding but was an early entry and difficult to get aligned and the actual light quality seemed to rob me of depth perception although reasonable bright. I've got the QH back in for now as with side, aftermarket flashers and speedo LEDs it doesn't drain my battery.

I've had good service from both Goffy and DynamoRegulators; the latter quickly rectified an difficulty with supply for sidelights for my car and as there's no CANBUS in the Alhambra no flickering. A new tungstem failed 4/5 weeks after installation and that drivers side is a sod to do.

I am planning to do more nightime riding and snipping the wire on the regulator to move to 12v simply because of the improved availabilty of "bulbs" if needed.

Johnny B