Mystery Headlamp

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

Re: Mystery Headlamp

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Alan

Under the rust I found 'MCH 61'

There's also 'MADE IN ' which I guess is made in England and '161 or maybe 191, (not inline with any other script), any ideas?

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I could not see the badge in the 1936/57 Lucas book for MCH 61, which is why I thought it was MCH 55
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

MCH61 may not be original equipment, but thats what you have. do a google search on images and they look the same. Some dont have the speedo hole, some do.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Reviving this thread as my Ariel FH restoration, (which halted progress on the speedo), has finished and I'm back to having a go at a chronometric.

I'm aware of the fragility of the numerals and the basic restoration requirements but are there any online guides or manuals available that I could view/download?

In the event that I need spares for the mechanism, is there a good supplier?

Regards Mick
clive

Post by clive »

Mick, for info have a look in the archives under technical info, speedo and you will find smiths catalogues (not a huge help as I have yet to understand their numbering system) an article on restoring chronometrics, and some exploded views of the speedos (ignore the details on what is available from the Australian supplier, they were from about 35 years ago when I was restoring speedos for members and they ceased trading years ago.) There is also some articles I wrote under the club website technical tips, look under instruments.

If you can track down a supplier of parts let me know! If you get into difficulties private message me and I will help if I can.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mollbhan

Post by Mollbhan »

I absolutely love that Rudge Revulator, a fascinating albeit useless gadget I would just love to have on my bike.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Clive

I hadn't discovered the Tech Tips :beer:

You may live to regret your offer of help :) ;) ;)

Regards Mick