Lucas Magneto Part Numbers

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

Lucas Magneto Part Numbers

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm curious with regard to the letter suffix attached to Lucas magneto part numbers, (K2Fs in this case but I guess the convention is common throughout Lucas products). Can anyone point me to an explanation of the significance of the part identification last character? Is it a reference to the time of production, does it signify a minor design change or something else?

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Re: Lucas Magneto Part Numbers

Post by Rob Harknett »

Can you give examples of the part numbers you refer to, I can find no part numbers with letters. Or, are you referring to the mag model number eg. K2F
K= lightweight, 2 = twin, F = Flange mounting. All seen at the start of Lucas parts lists. Early circa 20's mag's did have a dating code stamped on the mag.
Ashampoo_Snap_19 December 2018_15h04m02s_001_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Rob

Of course - sorry for not explaining too well:
Magneto Suffix.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

OK

I think I've got it - They represent configuration changes to the basic magneto, if I follow the numbers in parentheses I can identify the changes.
Mag Paren.png
Am I correct?

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ah, looks like the part number referred to was that of the complete mag. Did they not give an explanation about the suffix letter at the start of the listing?