Ridgid frame Model 18 rear mudguard

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Invicta

Ridgid frame Model 18 rear mudguard

Post by Invicta »

Having exhausted all avenues to locate a rear mudguard for my basket case 1949 AJS model 18 that was missing from the pile of bits when I bought it . I have found a supplier in India who makes repro parts. They have mudguards for a model 16 M and G3L , which I believe are probably very similar. Before I order one can anyone please tell me if these are in fact the same as those fitted to the later civilian model 16 , and if they are, are they same as those on the model 18. Any thoughts would be appreciated .
Last edited by Invicta on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Harknett

Re: Ridgid frame Model 18 rear mudguard

Post by Rob Harknett »

I'd question mudguards for a WD 16 There's only one single WD AJS listed for the WW2 era. That was a model 1940 26. So as there was no WD 16 your question cannot be answered.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... _Bikes.pdf
This AJS parts list cover's " Impressed " AJS. The book has been given as WD in the title. WO would be more correct, As I believe they were used for war office depts. not military. Check to see if the guard has the same pt. no. But remember, there are no WD 16 AJS listed for any WD contract. So what model are the guards really for is ????
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I see you are located in 'Kent', have a pop down to the VMCC Men of Kent autojumble at Dunkirk, a tad north of Canterbury on the old A2, tomorrow Saturday morning quite a lot of 'odd' parts turn up at this local charity aimed sale, you will certainly meet chaps with early AMC bikes and plenty of advice/ information, and at the risk of irritating the ads manager, why doesn't anyone who can come and support the effort? :beer: kind regards
Invicta

Post by Invicta »

Thank you for the advice. Sorry I made a mistake it is for a G3L and a 16M that the Indian made mudguards are supposed to fit.