Tool box brackets for left and right side

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
willowbedone

Tool box brackets for left and right side

Post by willowbedone »

Rebuilding a 1954 g80 Can anyone help with tool box mounting brackets Are they available from the spares dep
Or where can i look at a picture so i can fabricate them
Thanks ian
dave16mct

Re: Tool box brackets for left and right side

Post by dave16mct »

If its standard they bolt directly to the mudguard. Also there are 2 tabs on the frame tubes. If you're doing it 'comp' style you'll have to make 2 brackets shaped around the alloy guard to the bracket from the back of the oiltank. Good luck finding a picture of them, I've never found one!
Dave.
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

I fitted a nearside tool box to my comp model and Steven Surbey supplied the bracket (alloy mudguard to toolbox) part numbers..............021492 n/s and 016367 o/s.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

Thanks for replies At least I now have to choices
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

Hi Ian, as Dave said, toolboxes fasten direct to mudguard and frame bracket in standard form. My '54 18S has alloy guards (it is a re-creation of my 1st ever 'proper' bike from over 40 years ago, a semi cafe racerised '54 G80S, done properly this time, as opposed to the G80's amateurish efforts by previous owners!) and I made what I think is a tidy alloy bracket linking both toolboxes to the mudguard and the bracket on the back of the oil tank. It has lasted over 10 years and many hard miles without fracturing. PM me and I will send a few pics of it in situ. Cheers, Andy