How many amps to a fuse?

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
gotoole

Re: How many amps to a fuse?

Post by gotoole »

I am just about to rewire my Model 16 and will be fitting a fuse. However I think separate fuses for each circuit, i.e. ignition, lights, etc makes more sense than a single fuse on the battery.
I wonder has anyone else done this and if so, where the fuses were fitted , both in the circuit and physically?
56G80S

Re: How many amps to a fuse?

Post by 56G80S »

I have one at the battery, the car blade type as they are easy to get to replace, there's a slot for a spare on the outside of the clipp down lid.

Can't check what rating, though I have a nasty feeling that I've overdone it and it's yellow (20amp). Looks like when I can get out of the house again I'll have to row back to a blue (15amp). Possibly lower as I'm running some LEDs so the load will be reduced. Being an empiricist, perhaps I'll go for red (10amp) and if it blows not a problem to move up one; always have carried some spares in a pocket, they don't take up much room.

Off topic, I recall problems with an old Passat blowing fuses and in order to get home resorted to walking along the road until I found discarded silver paper and a matchstick........

Johnny B