matchless g2 250cc

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Dezza

matchless g2 250cc

Post by Dezza »

hello,hello
How are you all guys and gulls?
I'm new to the forum also to the world of Matchless as bought my bike a couple of weeks ago and now seeking help in regards of bringing it back to "riding stage"
in my opinion it doesnt need much to be done,but easier to say then actualy do.

i would be so greatfull if there is somebody in Scotland (Edinburgh) who would like to face this task for me as an enthusiastic "job"
previous ownes said that one of the simerings needs to be changed on shaft/gear box as oil leaking.
also electric loom sorted out.
bike is in one piece,however stripped down of mudguards etc.
ive got all needed parts or willing to supply any if missing.
I'm looking to hear from You .
could send photos of current stage of the bike,but need to figure it out first how to attach them here
many thanks!!
clive

Re: matchless g2 250cc

Post by clive »

Hi Tomas, as you new to the forum i have let this through but we don't allow adverts (in this case a wanted ad) on our forum. We do have two places where we allow wanted ads. One is a part of the forum restricted to paid up members. The other is the adverts section, adverts are free for full members £5 for guests. I dont think you can post photos as a guest but I may be wrong. Good luck with the bike. Adverts Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Dezza

Post by Dezza »

Oh sorry!
Please forgive me as i dn't realise it.
I'm sure i will find lots of helpfull informations on this forum in terms of my new motorcycle.
clive

Post by clive »

I am sure you will.
clive
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

Tomas,

I strongly suggest you join the club as a fully paid up member, the club members and this forum are more than helpful to any one with an AMC machine and you can get access to much information on this website and from members experienced in the machines.

I don't have a lightweight AMC but I'm told parts are not as plentiful as the heavyweights and were you to require some generally evasive parts for your machine a club member may be able to assist you. 'tis a good involved and knowledgeable membership.

Beware of that Clive fellow he polices better than a 'jobsworth' :rofl:

And no, I , I havn't been scripted to give the above plaudits

Kind regards, stay safe.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Yes, a good idea to join the club. Also visit you local section who meet at:

“HAWES INN”
7 Newhalls Road,
South Queensferry,
EH30 9TA.

on the 2nd Monday of the month. Obviously not until the all clear.

Dave.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome to the website, Tomas.
You don't say how familiar you are with mechanical and electrical stuff, old bikes, cars etc. so excuse me if my reply is obvious to you.
I think as Dave said your best plan is to go along to a Section meet at the Hawes Inn for info on local mechanics/engineers because folk who will undertake repairs are very few. Most of us look after our own bikes purely as a relaxing hobby but don't want to get involved with repairing those of others. Changing seals (simerings) and sorting electrics is usually a case of having the tools, the knowledge and the time, as the parts are relatively inexpensive compared with the labour involved. It's also useful to become familiar with the bike so that you may be able to fix things when out and about.
'Fixing' these old bikes is rarely a one-off event and one job can unearth or necessitate another so you will need some basic (Imperial) tools, a workshop manual and help from others, all of which can be obtained from the Club's online technical archive, the Spares Service (available only to subscribing members) or from more experienced owners locally or via this website. Your time as a Guest here is limited.
Only members can upload pictures directly on here from their photo library but you can insert them from a host website, e.g. TinyPics, Postimage, Photobucket etc.
Enjoy!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

Nicely put 'Spridders' I only wish I could be so eloquent. :mrgreen:

ya all stay safe now

kind regards
clive

Post by clive »

GOLDSTAR wrote: Beware of that Clive fellow he polices better than a 'jobsworth' :rofl:
as if....
clive
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:
GOLDSTAR wrote: Beware of that Clive fellow he polices better than a 'jobsworth' :rofl:
as if....
You do, and I've had my knuckles whacked a couple of times about my centrestands, the ones that don't fit L/W's! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: