56 / G11

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
rodb

56 / G11

Post by rodb »

hi All, Can anyone tell me the diameter and how many ball bearings per top and bottom on the steering head

Thanks Rod
Rosy

Re: 56 / G11

Post by Rosy »

3/16" 28 each race.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Your bikes parts list would have told you size 3/16" 56 per set.
McBob

Post by McBob »

Great resource for these machines, http://archives.jampot.dk/ parts lists manuals and more.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Yes, hard to find that info though as it's in the Frame section, not Forks as you would expect.
Dave.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

dave16mct wrote:Yes, hard to find that info though as it's in the Frame section, not Forks as you would expect.
Dave.
Well steering head bearings are in the frame Dave. But as you say, people may look under forks.
A short cut to finding a part which I do, is to look for it in the illustrations. All though many small parts may not be illustrated, you should see a larger part that the part you are looking for fits
into. There are fewer pages with illustrations, even fewer where you may expect to find a part you are looking for. For head bearings theres say two pages to look for them, frame or forks.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

dave16mct wrote:Yes, hard to find that info though as it's in the Frame section, not Forks as you would expect.
Dave.
Err, I think you'll find they are already in the fork section as I moved them from frame as I thought it was an odd section to list them, but they are listed in factory manuals as frame.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Sorry Rob S. I was talking about the '56 factory Parts List. :D
Dave.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

ajscomboman wrote:
Dave.
Err, I think you'll find they are already in the fork section as I moved them from frame as I thought it was an odd section to list them, but they are listed in factory manuals as frame.
We did originally have them as factory in the frame section but I thought it was very odd them being in there so moved them to the forks area. I suppose I could list them in both if it's easier.