Carb. identification

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
jimh

Carb. identification

Post by jimh »

Hello, I have a 1955 G3LCS which has an Amal 1 1/16" monobloc fitted, would any member have any idea why its stamped J43 on the flange instead of the usual carb. identification i.e. 376/***, no other markings apart from AMAL on the float chamber cover.
Jim
AyJayBee

Re: Carb. identification

Post by AyJayBee »

Any joy with the carb? If not, call Burlen, they manufacture Amal carbs and are very helpful. Good luck. Tony
jimh

Post by jimh »

Hi Tony, I'm no further on but the bike runs fine and it's a genuine Amal but just puzzled by the stamp on the flange, will email Burlen and see if I get a reply.
Thanks Jim
jimh

Post by jimh »

Had a reply from Burlen, apparently Amal were owned by a company called Grosvenor Works prior to 2003 and they reintroduced the Monobloc in the early 90's and that was how they marked their Carbs.
Jim
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

jimh wrote:Had a reply from Burlen, apparently Amal were owned by a company called Grosvenor Works prior to 2003 and they reintroduced the Monobloc in the early 90's and that was how they marked their Carbs.
Jim
I never gave that a thought. Repro's have been about for some time now. So if an odd marking turns up it could be considered a repro.