Russell Motors -

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
uktom77

Russell Motors -

Post by uktom77 »

Evening all,

Is phone the best (only) way to contact Russell Motors, and if so what's the best day to try?

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rosy

Re: Russell Motors -

Post by Rosy »

I gave up on Russel Motors they never responded to e-mails with the orders I placed, and they never answer the phone, how they stay in business is beyond me or even why are they in business?
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

I send a letter listing the parts I want and Les replies again by letter listing the parts he has and cost I then send him another letter with a cheque and in a week I receive the parts.

A very drawn out affair but same as it was back in the 60's/70's, I remember sending a mag off my Norton to Pride & Clarke for an exchange unit and paid COD, £7 or there about, still almost a weeks wages back then.

Colin
Last edited by cbranni on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
only dead fish go with the flow
uktom77

Post by uktom77 »

I quite like the idea of sending a letter, hadn't considered that option.

I've only bought from them once before, I had the day off so rode down on the off-chance and Les was in. Very helpful and the shop looked like they all should. Could've spent a fortune .....

Matchbox Kid

Post by Matchbox Kid »

The few times I have used him I used a fax... I know old school... but I did get the bits I needed eventually
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

They are closed Mondays , and Les only works 3 parts days a week . cant remember what they are
He will answer the phone and is the most genuine guy with a wealth of knowledge . he is in is 70's
treat him with respect and he is always willing to help , but does not suffer fools

My best guess would be Tuesday around 11 after the morning rush is over, or Saturday morning

A letter would work , I don't think their IT every got beyond the Fax machine
uktom77

Post by uktom77 »

Great, thanks. Will try phoning on Tuesday after 11 (everyone else avoid this time please ) and failing that I shall break-out the quill, ink and parchment.

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

uktom77 wrote:and failing that I shall break-out the quill, ink and parchment.
Or drive / ride down to 25 Falcon Rd, Battersea, London SW11 and visit in person. It is just opposite Clapham Junction station if that is of help.
Sam
uktom77

Post by uktom77 »

Yeah, as mentioned, I did this in the past and managed to fluke the right day/time. Live a bit further away now and not really into a wasted 3-4hr round trip.

56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Back in the day I did visit.

More recently, year before last, I 'phoned. Les very helpful. Parts arrived (the studs for the QD rear wheel, oversize) and he was even more helpful when I found that one had come out of the "wrong pot" and didn't match the others. A hydraulics engineer had machined the drum to very close (too close) tolerances and a few thou made a difference.

Johnny B