G11 centre stand re bushing

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
rodb

G11 centre stand re bushing

Post by rodb »

Hello All,

I purchased a pr of stainless bushes from acme stainless, before i forge ahead they look like either the O.D is to big ( measures 0.875 as near as dam it) or the holes in the centre stand are to small (0.831 by my measurement although i,m no engineer).Can anyone tell me what's is the correct measurements.
I am working blind as I bought it all in bits, I understand the bushes are pressed in from the inside and there are two spigot washers i am assuming they fit on the outside of the centre stand with the spacer tube and big spring sitting between the two bushes.
Anything else I should be aware off please don,t hesitate.

Thanks in anticipation

Rodb
Mick D

Re: G11 centre stand re bushing

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I can't help with the OD of the bushes as all of mine are now assembled, but the top hat bushes should be a sliding fit to the centre stand. As you say, they are fitted from the inside and the spacer tube and return spring goes between them. The assembly is then placed between the frame tubes and spindle fitted, the spigot washers go on the outside between the nuts and frame tubes. In operation the centre stand rotates about the bushes which are clamped by the spindle frame and central spacer.

Regards Mick
rodb

Re: G11 centre stand re bushing

Post by rodb »

thanks mick ,

I hope I can find the measurements of the bushes and hole diameter of the centre stand then I will know which is right and work from there.

rodb