Charging

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
g5wqian

Re: Charging

Post by g5wqian »

hi chris ;
the dynamo is easy to remove and reinstall , just pulls out and pushes back in .

get a cork gasket from club spares for the timing case hole and stick it in with welseal .

be carefull of the long drawbolt, it doesnt need much doing up as it goes into alloy casting , it is really only to pull it up to the face and not for tightening down .

you can replace brushes easily but when first running up after replacing them you may need to run engine for 30secs at a few revs before the brushes bed in and it works , my model 30 will start charging around 1100rpm .

i have a dvr2 on my model 30 but on my ariel NH i have an mcr2 which failed [shorted and kept flattening battery] so i put a replacement indian made mcr2 on it , it all works fine but i did find that the cable terminals are smaller in the indian unit and i had to drill out the terminals .
i think though that the new brass "bullet" terminals you can buy may be 4mm type that could fit straight in if you swap these to the cable ends .

the indian unit has steel terminals as opposed to lucas brass but i am getting good charging etc .

you should see around 7.6v from the mcr2 .

if you go to draganfly website they sell a copy of the lucas product information which includes shows all the info etc for the mcr2 and setting up details .

the indian mcr2 worked fine out the box though and my battery is no longer going flat .

i bought a pair of LED bpf headlight bulbs from china on ebxy for £16 the other week , they are same as ones sold here for twice the price .

i also have an LED rear stop/tail bulb, these all use hardly any current and dont show hardly any discharge but if you want to show some movement on the ammeter id carry on using a normal 30w bulb in the headlight .

regards
ian [swindon]
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

g5wqian wrote:if you go to draganfly website they sell a copy of the lucas product information which includes shows all the info etc for the mcr2 and setting up details .
Hi

The Workshop Instructions for the MCR2 are available in the archive ;)

http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Ele ... x_MCR2.pdf

Regards Mick
chris goldson

Post by chris goldson »

Hi

Any advice where to go to have dynamo refurbed if necessary or exchanged?
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

chris goldson wrote:Any advice where to go to have dynamo refurbed if necessary or exchanged?
Do a search in the "Recommendations" area of the Forum, you'll find details in there.
Corners like a Lego man
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

chris goldson wrote:Hi

Any advice where to go to have dynamo refurbed if necessary or exchanged?
Your club if you need an exchange one?

http://www.amoc-parts.com/store/comersu ... duct=23481
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'