register reconstructed classic category

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
rodb

register reconstructed classic category

Post by rodb »

Hi All,
Dvla have told me the Matchless i have bought without a log book has to be registered in the reconstructed classic category because all the numbers i supplied to them can not be matched to the registration number.
When the bike is complete it has to be inspected and a report produced stating manufacture dates of each of the major components (frame engine gearbox wheels and forks).
On receipt of a satisfactory report the registration number will be assigned to the bike based on the age of the youngest major component.
I have received the bikes new VIN number which has to be stamped onto the frame, this has to be done by local garage or a franchised dealer who will complete the declaration form and send to dvla.
When all the above is done i have to send all these requirements along with completed V55/5 application, reg fee £55 ,current MOT , two forms of ID ,and inspection report.
Does the club supply inspectors and persons to do the stamping?
Has anybody been through a similar experience and can supply any helpful information.

thanks in anticipation
Rod
Rob Harknett

Re: register reconstructed classic category

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think what you have stated you were told is a bit confusing. It mentions parts of a bike, this is usually put as " must be complete and in its entirety "
Contact Roy, the club's Dating officer. He will advise & help you.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rod. As Rob has said above, I think you have been ill advised by the DVLA. First, have a read of this on our Jampot website, about obtaining an age-related reg'n no.

http://www.jampot.com/Dating.asp

Don't do anything more until you've spoken with Roy, the Dating Officer, who knows all there is to know about your needs.
rodb wrote: I have received the bikes new VIN number which has to be stamped onto the frame, this has to be done by local garage or a franchised dealer who will complete the declaration form and send to dvla.
I'm no expert but for now certainly don't stamp the new frame number.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
rodb

Post by rodb »

Thanks guys , I been in touch with Roy and he is on the case

Thanks again

Rod