Light switch question

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
MalcW

Light switch question

Post by MalcW »

Hi

I had a short in the wiring on my 650 while out on Saturday. No big deal, I could still get home as it's all fused, and I have a magneto. But, while finding and fixing the short, and taking the opportunity to tidy up the wiring in the headlamp, the screw that holds the light switch knob in place disappeared into the small black hole that lives in my garage. anyone know the thread size? It's the light switch that's held in place with a spring clip underneath.

Thanks,

Malc
dave16mct

Re: Light switch question

Post by dave16mct »

I'll guess at 2BA.
Dave.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Draganfly stock them, check here:

https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/c ... oduct/627-

Regards Mick
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Thanks Dave and Mick.
g5wqian

Post by g5wqian »

hi Malc ;
its probably not related in your case but my dad told me that when they were newly being produced AJS and matchless twins had a common occurrence with the horn wire terminal connection shorting out to the frame and because its located under the seat it was not quick to get at and stop any wires melting etc .
his bike was a 57 model 30 , i have a 56 model 30 myself .
ian
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

g5wqian wrote:hi Malc ;
its probably not related in your case but my dad told me that when they were newly being produced AJS and matchless twins had a common occurrence with the horn wire terminal connection shorting out to the frame and because its located under the seat it was not quick to get at and stop any wires melting etc .
his bike was a 57 model 30 , i have a 56 model 30 myself .
ian
Hi Ian

Thanks; I did check that when I started the investigation, along with the wire down to the brake switch. It actually turned out to be a pinched wire where it passes the steering head. But, while I was there i decided to fit the new rubber plug I've had for a while into the bottom of the headlamp shell, which meant disconnecting and removing wiring, which was an opportunity to tidy things up, etc. etc.

At least it's proved that fitting the inline fuses was worthwhile!

Malc