Burman B52 "core plug"

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
56G80S

Burman B52 "core plug"

Post by 56G80S »

I've looked at the exploded diagram of the B52 gearbox and can't see these on it!

There are three and I need the one immediately above the output shaft.

But I don't have a part number.

Will post a pic when the PC isn't moving like a snail.

Johnny B
Mick D

Re: Burman B52 "core plug"

Post by Mick D »

Hi Johnny

Try Draganfly - the layshaft cover is PN 3661-52 and the selector shaft ones are 3738-52. There's also one over the quadrant shaft in the inner cover, 3725-52.

Regards Mick
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Mick

Thanks. They list it but when added to basket it shows no change in the basket value, even if one loads up a few of them.

Burman B52 core plug large small pic.jpg
I have pondered what the small hole is near the large core plug location. The thing is that there's not a lot of space so drilling and tapping for a small plate isn't a good option, the rear chain could catch it.

I'll try the other "usual suspects" now I have the part number.

Thanks again.

Johnny B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

56G80S wrote:Hi Mick

Thanks. They list it but when added to basket it shows no change in the basket value, even if one loads up a few of them.

Burman B52 core plug large small pic.jpg
I have pondered what the small hole is near the large core plug location. The thing is that there's not a lot of space so drilling and tapping for a small plate isn't a good option, the rear chain could catch it.

I'll try the other "usual suspects" now I have the part number.

Thanks again.

Johnny B
John the small hole is for the locating peg for the layshaft bush. Now if you really are struggling to get a core plug you could if you wished too, cut a nice cardboard or plastic disc and place it in the hole. You could then fill the remaining cavity with JB weld. I usually do this on my boxes as it's been known for the core plugs to let by. The cardboard/plastic will prevent the JB from seeping into the layshaft and bush. I'd have thought Clive would have come up with that bodge. :D
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

ajscomboman wrote: I'd have thought Clive would have come up with that bodge. :D
Nah, he would just let it leak. :shock:
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

ajscomboman wrote:They list it but when added to basket it shows no change in the basket value, even if one loads up a few of them.
Hi Johnny

Draganfly were reporting problems with their website after a recent 'upgrade' :roll: :roll: - Maybe give them a call if your other sources can't help

Regards Mick
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Thanks Rob and MIck,

Rob - I might try exactly that unless, as Mick has implied, the Draganfly website is just settling down after an update. I seem to recall a John Drudge "Tech Tip" suggesting Aralditing all these core plugs! I usually use meths to de-grease before using an adhesive / filler and that has worked for me.

Rob has worried me as I rebuilt the box in the first place. All the bushes and bearings were replaced and everything checked. It was working fine, I just preferred the AMC. It was so long ago that I have no recollection of the locating peg for the layshaft bush. I used it for around (?) 3k miles and all was fine just a little niggle with using the CP clutch.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I did it properly (gales of laughter ensue).

Johnny B
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

The pin only cuts the flange of the bush by half it's diameter - if the pin has been 'forgotten' a thin wire will pass into the gearbox - an easy confidence booster ;)
Layshaft Bush Pin.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Duncan wrote:
ajscomboman wrote: I'd have thought Clive would have come up with that bodge. :D
Nah, he would just let it leak. :shock:
beat me to it Duncan!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Mick

EDIT - on the JB weld front, which product - SteelStik or A N Other? I've never used it.

Thanks for that. I couldn't get a thin(nish) copper wire more than about 3/4" (guess) into that hole so looks like I did the job right. Wonders will never cease but peaqce of mind achieved.

Clive - In the spirit of honesty the core plug question is only on the go because I'm remedying a bodge from all the years ago when I refurbished the 'box. I'd forgetten about the core plug and took a temporary route (bodge).

Johnny B