spark plug

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
dave16mct

Re: spark plug

Post by dave16mct »

KLG FE70 is slightly hotter but will be fine for your G80S for normal chugging around. It comes out as equivalent to N5C on most comparison charts, but don't go racing. If you do cruise at higher speeds you might want to go for a cooler plug but I wouldn't mind a box of FE70! :D
Dave.
ianw1

Post by ianw1 »

The spark plug in my 1938 Silver Streak is a Champion L10. The bike is nearly ready for the road so I'm going to treat it to a new plug.
Champion recommend an L86C as a modern equivalent to the L10, more modern ceramics etc, what do people think?
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Yes go for the L86C, £1.44 from The Green Spark Co. https://www.gsparkplug.com/1x-champion- ... g-l10.html
Or the club have them! :D
Dave.
g5wqian

Post by g5wqian »

ive ran N3C N4C and N5C plugs in my 56 model 30 to get to what i think runs best in the engine , but now use only N5C as i found it burns any oil deposits off and keeps itself clean , i dont suffer fouling from any rich mixture etc .

i started with N4C which was ok but after a while the plug would get more sooted up, perhaps as i take a ride now and again and could do anything from 10 miles to 100miles , but i dont do regular long distance runs .

when i tried the N3C it tended to suffer a build up of deposits on the plug and it would be almost black in colour .

then i used the N5C which was running hotter and the plug colour was a decent shade of brown and seems to stay that way .

you would perhaps wish to try N4C and N5C and determine which is best for your engine .

when using NGK plugs the number goes in opposite direction to a champion plug , your B8ES is something around the N3C and a B6ES is more like the N5C .

hope you find a good choice and enjoy the forthcoming months out and about [fingers crossed]