OSG310

Where is that old bike?
jimicks

OSG310

Post by jimicks »

Hello,

Just joined the forum today as I have discovered some old photos and stuff of my uncle's matchless, the registration is OSG310 does anyone know the current owner? or the where about of the bike ? any information would be great
Thanks for your help
James
dave16mct

Re: OSG310

Post by dave16mct »

According to the DVLA website its taxed and on the road.
Dave.
clive

Post by clive »

a polite letter to the DVLA may be forwarded to the current owner
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
jimicks

Post by jimicks »

HI guys
thanks for the information. I will try a letter to the DVLA if I cant find any other information.
He did own a few bikes and majority were matchless but this seems to be the only one still in use according to the DVLA
thanks again
James
jimicks

Post by jimicks »

Hi,

Just been in contact with the DVLA and they will give out details only if you have a genuine reason, It involves filling out a couple of forms and a small fee,

thanks James
ssScott

Post by ssScott »

Hi James. you'll be pleased to see OSG310 is still in about and in use, it was actually at the Jampot rally this year. Still in complete original condition and its kept in the house.

ssScott

Post by ssScott »

jimicks wrote: He did own a few bikes and majority were matchless but this seems to be the only one still in use according to the DVLA
it could be that his other bikes are still about too, but may have had their original registration numbers removed and therefore wont show up on the system? OSG310 still has its original number.
jimicks

Post by jimicks »

Hi there
that is excellent news thank you. It is great to see the bike in such immaculate condition too.
I do have pictures of the bike when my Uncle had it from the 1950's
I just wondered if you have had it for long? This will sound strange but is there anywhere on the bike that has/had three red marks?
He marked all his possessions in this way
Thanks for your time, help and interest
James
ssScott

Post by ssScott »

jimicks wrote:Hi there
that is excellent news thank you. It is great to see the bike in such immaculate condition too.
I do have pictures of the bike when my Uncle had it from the 1950's
I just wondered if you have had it for long? This will sound strange but is there anywhere on the bike that has/had three red marks?
He marked all his possessions in this way
Thanks for your time, help and interest
James
Hi James, the bike has been owned by my uncle since 2009 (4th owner). Before that it belonged to a friend who bought it from a Mr S.D Neil in 1979. Mr Neil had bought the bike from the first owner ( a Mr McCraw) in 1957.

You are correct in that there are 3 lines scribed into every part of the bike, right down to the Big end inside the engine.

Would you be able to post the pictures you have of this bike from the '50s? It would be interesting to see.
jimicks

Post by jimicks »

Hi thanks very much for the reply.
The is brilliant, hahaha, he marked every single thing with three lines. It was his trademark.
If you send me an email so I have your address I can send you the pictures of the bike when he owned it and I have some newspaper articles too.
We didn't know how long he had the bike for until now so thank you very much. He was riding bikes until his 70's as bikes played a huge part in his life.
jimicks@aol.com
thanks very much again
James