does anyone know where VVW 885 is?

Where is that old bike?
johnboy

does anyone know where VVW 885 is?

Post by johnboy »

see next note - I accidentally duplicated the posts sorry
Last edited by johnboy on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnboy

where is VVW 885 now?

Post by johnboy »

My father had a Matchless 500cc bike in the mid 1950's bought new - I have a photo ( don't know how to upload it) looks like it could be a G9 - but I am not sure. Does anyone know if this reg bike is still around and running? reg no VVW 885. Essex plated bike and dad was in east london / essex at this time so that makes sense. My father passed away some time ago - athough we never discussed it in any detail - he always said the bike he had was based on or related to the TT winning bikes. If there is a way to share the photo I will do..
Any information gratefully received.. Many thanks..
Rob Harknett

Re: where is VVW 885 now?

Post by Rob Harknett »

johnboy wrote:My father had a Matchless 500cc bike in the mid 1950's bought new - I have a photo ( don't know how to upload it) looks like it could be a G9 - but I am not sure. Does anyone know if this reg bike is still around and running? reg no VVW 885. Essex plated bike and dad was in east london / essex at this time so that makes sense. My father passed away some time ago - athough we never discussed it in any detail - he always said the bike he had was based on or related to the TT winning bikes. If there is a way to share the photo I will do..
Any information gratefully received.. Many thanks..
VVW is an Essex reg.no. 1953. This is a 1953 G9. Dont know if its still about , check the number on the DVLA web site
Ashampoo_Snap_20 August 2019_19h16m23s_002_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CharlesDP

Re: does anyone know where VVW 885 is?

Post by CharlesDP »

That is quite interesting - I have an AJS 1954 18 500cc that is registered VVX 41
Charles