Replica Girling Rear Shock Absorbers

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stuoyb

Replica Girling Rear Shock Absorbers

Post by Stuoyb »

Replica Girling rear shock absorbers (with lower clevis) are now back in stock at the Parts Service.

Part No. 024180.
Price including VAT £126.00
JimFitz

Re: Replica Girling Rear Shock Absorbers

Post by JimFitz »

Hi Stuart

Are these the modified (ie correctly made) ones? I have been after some for ages and when I spoke to AMOC parts last week they had been on order for 11 months. I tried Steve Surbey and he said that they were only made by one company and they got the hole size wrong in the lower clevis which meant that the bolt and bushes would not fit so he sent the whole lot back and he was still awaiting new stock.
Would it be possible for someone in the parts dept to check the hole size. I just want to make sure that they are now correct before I order a pair (from AMOC of course!) and to avoid the hassle of having to return them.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

These are the correct items that we have been waiting for since we returned our stock some months ago.
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Brilliant. I'll order some on line now before they all go.

Jim

spicer650

Post by spicer650 »

hello jim fitz I see you are a club member and live in kent can I ask why you don,t come to kent branch club nights,, bert spicer..
:beer:
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

spicer650 wrote:hello jim fitz I see you are a club member and live in kent can I ask why you don,t come to kent branch club nights,, bert spicer..
Hi Bert

I live near Ashford so it is a bit of a trot to Eynsford and not easy to get there while avoiding the M20 which is normally full of foreign trucks in convoy doing 75MPH and a bit of a nightmare on two wheels. I have often thought of coming on a summer evening in reasonable light via the A20 and up Wrotham Hill and past Brands. I also thought of coming in the car but that did not seem appropriate. Are there any other Kent section members who ride in from my area? It would be great to put a few faces to the names on the forum.
I also thought of going to the South Kent section in Petham but there never seems to be any section news from them in the Jampot so I was not sure if it was still active. I can get there without using the Motorway and it is a bit closer than Eynsford.
I am also a member of the VMCC so I tend to go to the Coach and Horses in Charing for some meetings. I am also looking at joining the Cinque Ports Club who meet at The Drum in Stanford as it is a fairly easy country road route.

Jim