FEMA's New General Secretary elected

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
Eamonn Townsend

FEMA's New General Secretary elected

Post by Eamonn Townsend »

From July 2002, the Federation of European Motorcyclists' Associations (FEMA) will have its new General Secretary. Antonio Perlot was unanimously elected to his new position by FEMA Member Organisations, at their meeting held on 2nd February 2002 in Antwerp (Belgium).

Antonio Perlot started to work for FEMA in February of last year as Campaigns' Officer. He immediately showed the appropriate skills and professionalism in representing the motorcyclists' interests by the European institutions. Over that period, he made the most out of his background as consultant in a public affairs company and his education in the area of International Relations.

After his election, Antonio Perlot declared: "I am looking forward to this new assignment and wish to thank the FEMA Committee for their trust. 2001 was professionally very rewarding for me, thanks mainly to the efficient teamwork we managed to establish in the FEMA Secretariat, which has led to the achievement of good results. I am very much counting on this team effort in order for FEMA to continue the promotion of Powered Two Wheelers by the Institutions. This is of real importance at this stage in time, since the EU is currently defining its priorities in transport for 2002-2010."

The former General Secretary, Simon Milward, is continuing his
motorcycle ride around the world that he started in January 2000. At the end of last year, he informed us that he would not come back to work for FEMA. Milward said from Los Angeles, "I learned a great deal working for FEMA and feel lucky to have been a part of its development. It's great to see such a strong team there right now. Right now I'm busy fundraising for an Asian project whereby motorcycles may improve the health of millions of fellow human beings. We've raised $56,000 so far. After South America and Africa I may have to see if Europeans are as generous as Americans. I'll be back!". We wish him a good continuation with his ride and all the best for the future.

FEMA's three-person team will remain with Antonio Perlot as General Secretary, Bob Tomlins, presently Acting General Secretary returning to his previous position of Assistant General Secretary, and Christina Gesios as Administration Officer.