Maurice Couling passes away during Jampot run.

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

It is with utmost sadness that I have to inform you of the death of Maurice Couling (also known as Maurie) at the Jampot rally today (Saturday). Maurice was Advertising Manager for Jampot magazine and a well known and well liked figure in the club. During this mornings run he suddenly pulled his bike up and collapsed on the verge. Despite expert medical attention from a doctor and medics who were on the ride and the assistance of the air ambulance he died of a perforated ulcer.

Maurice was one of the nicest guys you could meet. He was always cheerful and enthusiastic and was a very efficient and tireless worker for the club. His contribution to AMOC was considerable and he will be sorely missed. This is a severe blow to the club and Heart of England section in particular. He was comparatively young and had recently retired so was looking forward to having more time to enjoy life. It will be a bitter blow to his wife, Beryl, who was a popular character at Heart of England events. He clearly loved her dearly and was enjoying seeing more of her. Our condolences go to her and his family.

LawrenceEdited by - lawrence on 01 Sep 2007 6:23:25 PM
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

This is sad and shocking news. I have been working with Maurice over the last 6 months with the handover of the advertising business and concur with Lawrence that Maurice was one of lifes 'good guys'. Always happy to help out and always smiling.
He will be greatly missed by everyone.
Corners like a Lego man
garwood

Post by garwood »

My deepest sympathies to his friends and family, Tony Garwood.