EGM 27th January 2007

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
lawrence

EGM 27th January 2007

Post by lawrence »

On Sunday 27th January there will be an EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting) held at Jampot Spares at Kettering to approve or disapprove the adoption of the memorandum and articles of association. A draft copy was included in Jampot magazine in September and a copy revised to incorporate member’s suggestions will be sent in the December magazine. Any member is entitled to come to this meeting. If you wish to attend please inform a member of the committee. No other business will take place at this meeting.
Samuel

EGM 27th January 2007

Post by Samuel »

I heard that there was now an 'interim' chairperson ? Can you clarify what Committee changes there have been in the recent past ?
Sam
Biscuit
Deceased

EGM 27th January 2007

Post by Biscuit »

If there is no other business at this EGM, what is the point of John attending to put forward his views on the Works drawings?

lawrence

EGM 27th January 2007

Post by lawrence »

Hi Sam
Rob Swift was elected chairman by the members and still is chairman. However he is currently under a lot of pressure with life commitments. The club committee elected Pat Hughes (ex dating officer amongst other posts) to sit as acting chairman only if Rob is unable to attend a meeting. Without that (if my understanding is correct), as the constitution currently stands, if Rob suddenly can't come, or has to leave mid-meeting, everyone goes home having wasted a trip.

The EGM is for Jampot Spares Ltd to adopt the articles etc published in the Jampot mag. This meeting is for the businees entity JSL.

I believe that immediately after this meeting is concluded there follows a standard committee meeting for AMOC. This meeting is for club matters and the one John would speak at.

Just to be sure I will e-mail Chris Read to check.
lawrence

EGM 27th January 2007

Post by lawrence »

Hi
This is basically correct.

I have sent to John about the meeting and hope to see him there if he can come.