Alan Jacobs (Biscuit) ~ unwelcome news

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
brit_biker

Post by brit_biker »

I don't know Biscuit in person either but through his input that I seen on this forum and his advice, of which I benefited immensely from- I feet saddened at this news.
I ask God to nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with His presence. Let him know you are there with him through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in his life and also in mine.Get well soon!
vnlm

Post by vnlm »

Alan, I've never met you either but stay cheerful mate!!
DWMC
davehutch

Post by davehutch »

Sorry to hear the bad news mate, Don't know you but I am thinking of you.
Dave
----Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

I feel very moved regarding all you kind comments, and many thanks to Lawrence for forwarding the well- wishing cards.

I am unable to get a specific prognosis, which I suppose would be normal. The worse case scenario is six cycles of chemo, one cycle being three weeks, by then the immune system will be so buggered that they will have to stop. This does vary from person to person, and my immune system has always been excellent.. Doing the sums, this gives me eighteen weeks, which I can’t really believe as during the second and third weeks I feel perfectly fine. The oncolology Doctor is a very nice man, alas he is Asian, a very black one at that, it is difficult to make eye contact, and to read his facial expressions, unless I manouvre around his desk and get him facing the window.

I have decided to stop overhauling other peoples bikes, and concentrate on my first love, steam locomotives. While not claiming to be a Malcom Saggers I gathered he shared the same interest, asa well as a penchant for having a very untidy workshop!

I shall sell my bikes, the Kawasaki has already gone, the G3 should sell easy, (I hope) whereas the much modified Honda may be more difficult. No bugger has the G11 until I’ve gone!

During the next ‘good’ week I shall trailer the G11 up to Lawrence, have a Sunday run with the Heart of England section, and then go on to tour the Peak District, taking the bike with me. I want to meet the estate manager At Haddon Hall, who bought the old Douglas from me and of course visit Norah Batty.

The following ‘good’ week we will trailer the bike up to the Scottish Borders, retracing the routes of a holiday I had with the West Wilts section of the vintage Club.

If there is another ‘good ‘week I shall revisit the routes of the Hull Jampot, I’d like to see Hutton-le-hole again, Janet doesn’t know this yet, but I hope she will point me to some nice runs. (even if I have to follow that bloody teddy)

As we have always had ‘fur persons’ Jean and I haven’t had a holiday together for 20 years or more, so I will take great pleasure in taking her to the various places I visited.

Looking back on my life, I haven't achieved a great deal that really matters, the highlights being a day driving Green Goddess on the RH&DR, driving a Great Western Castle at Birmingham and attempting to thrash a Formula Ford around Brands Hatch which was obviously governed to some ridiculous low speed, I lost a lot of my lap allocation coming into the pits complaining the engine was misfiring.

Sorry about the long, and probably to personal rant.

………….and now to moan about those so called famous quotes.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Looking back on my life, I haven't achieved a great deal that really matters,
On the contrary Biscuit you have achieved the ultimate making some good friends and making other people's lives a little easier.
Regards
Stuart
ps if on your travels you come near Gods country Lancashire I will buy you and yours lunch.
Chemists do it with test tubes
itma

Post by itma »

Nope, helping others out of the shit, passing on the hard won knowledge of many years, setting an example and giving sound advice, don't amount to much at all really.
Good Luck and keep steaming.
Ken
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
Looking back on my life, I haven't achieved a great deal that really matters....

'O wad Some Power the giftie gie us to see ousels as ithers see us'.

So...?.

And the next line is...

'It wad frae monie a blunder free us,...'

So keep on keeping on freeing us 'frae monie a blunder'.

Have some great trips.
Me and Marigold.

(Or should that be Marigold and I?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
nrbgarda

Post by nrbgarda »

Of late I have been seeing only the 'new' pictures every saturday and so had missed this news. Biscuit, we may never meet but I thank you for your posts and for caring to reply to some of my probably naive queries. May God grant you a speedy and full recovery and give you and your family the strength and courage to bear whatever life has for you. My own sister has just had an operation (lung) and is recovering well so if there is any there is any info you feel may be of help let me know. Don't worry about the Asian and dark Doctor! If he is Indian, let me assure you we are very good at the job!!! Not giving eye contact is, sometime, a kind of deference and respect so don't let that bother you either...just cultural differences. And anytime you feel a little down, get on the G3 and RIDE. Cheer friend!! Naozar R. Garda, Bangalore, India. (1956 G3LS)
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

No complaints at all about about Dr Shar, an excellent man, who's obvious medical and educational achievement sould in no way offer me deference, the Raj has gone Naozar. The only problem was that I was unable to see a facial reaction when I told him I would continue mending and riding motorcycles. The sight of a raised eyebrow or pursed lips would have been useful.

Mind you didn't care for his prognosis, if he his correct a recovery, speedy or otherwise is not part of my future. I did remind him of three events that I intend to see, my free television licence next year, the completion of my latest steam locomotive, possibly three years time ( I started it 36 years ago!) and our diamond wedding (2018)

itma

Post by itma »

About 40 years back my family doctor was a Dr Greenbaum, an old school Jewish GP, an easy going bloke whose cure for most things wasa weeks sick note;He took on another Doctor one Dr Israel, and on going to see him I had one hell of a shock as He was possibly one of the darkest skinned Jews I have ever met!!
I am ever grateful to him for the rapid diagnosis of my daughters near bursting appendix, when without further ado he bundled her into his own car and delivered her to hospital himself.These days he would, of course, been contravening several elf n saftey rules, and she'd have died.