CSR front brake

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ajscomboman

Re: CSR front brake

Post by ajscomboman »

I think that on certain L/W models the clevis is integral with the cable and not a separate item.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

shifter wrote:My daughters 1965 g2 has a clevis pin in with an R clip to secure
William the G2 was discontinued in July 1963. However I believe the bike is 65 g2 CSR . Very nice bike , but it has been restored, got a few wrong bits, guards, silencer also finish altered. My bike is 66G2CSR and mat differ a little to 65. It is unrestored , left at the back of the garage for decades having only done 2,291 miles. My Brake arm and U shape part appears to be factory assembled. Rivet peened with a very neat cross, which must have been done in an industrial workshop. Even the U shape bracket is straighter on the brake drum side. Pic showing the peened rivet not very clear.
SDC14679.JPG
SDC14676.JPG
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.07.08_19h45m04s_002_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Rob
My daughters bike is a 1965 G2 CSR, but I just call the whole model range G2 unless I am ordering parts, and yes it has got bits that are not original or perfect for the nut inspectors but it looks quite a lot like the pic you have in your last post, it also gets maintained and used regular and my daughter loves the bike. I also must apologise as the front brake on her G2 is the same set up as yours, I must have been thinking about the one I am busy rebuilding at the mo as that has lots of bits wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shifter on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Blame it on the age thing William. Had to laugh at my own errors this evening. Just about to go out and I noticed I'd put my dirty old trousers back on. Went up to change them and found I'd put odd shoes on. After all that I thought, hope I've not just spent 3 hours hanging my drive gates on upside down. I'd got that right, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.