Centre stand (G2)

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
chris kelly

Centre stand (G2)

Post by chris kelly »

Hi, I have a 14 CSR, same asthe G2. I can send you some photos of my stand mechanism . It will be about the end of this month when you would receive them as I have just put a new film in. My frame is actually a G2 Matchless, 1962. The bike is registered as a 1966 model, which the engine is. I have had the stand in bits, a mate helped me put the spring on .I can take photos and drawings. Roy Bacon in his book, Matchless and AJS in the section on Stands, etc, etc ," All these models had a common return spring from 1949 to 1969. The light singles had another and their original stand was altered for 1960 to add roll on feet. It was further modified for 1961 and served all models, except the CSwhich had its own part." Your bike is called "The Light Single" My E mail address is u.kelly@telia.com If you want help send me an answer via this Club Site but separately E mail me your postal address because some commentators have suggested that the E mail facility on this Website does not always work. Best wishes, Chris Kelly
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
Ian5913

Centre stand (G2)

Post by Ian5913 »

If you have this months Jampot you will find a very good in depth article on the frame & all of it's parts which should cure your problems
Kind regards

Ian[:)]