HELP head light wires 1964 250 CSR Matchless

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Foxxyl242000

HELP head light wires 1964 250 CSR Matchless

Post by Foxxyl242000 »

Please HELP. Can someone send me a pic of the inside of their 250 Matchless head light bucket? I unhooked all the wires from the head light to the loom. Thinking I would get back to it in acouple days but family emergency took me away from the bike. Now I can't figure it out the right way now. I know I should have taken a pic of it before I unhooked them. I didn't like a fool. My bike is a 64 250 CRS
Rob Harknett

Re: HELP head light wires 1964 250 CSR Matchless

Post by Rob Harknett »

Check diagrams in the instruction book http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... Manual.pdf
This one perhaps.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.04_11h58m17s_001_.png
Maybe you would like to become a club member, you have a limited time of free use here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Foxxyl242000

Post by Foxxyl242000 »

Thank you but I have that diagram. I have Yellow wire green and black wire coming off the main head light bulb. The diagram shows hooking up those 2 red wires. And the small light has blue and like a tan color wires coming off it. I'm horrible with electric. I hope someone sends a picture of real wires in the bucket.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The diagram shows colours and where the wires should go, to & from. Correct picture may not help, it the wires are connected wrong both ends. get one end right the other end is still wrong.
Foxxyl242000

Post by Foxxyl242000 »

I'm sorry I just don't understand. I have 3 wires coming off main bulb. Yellow, Green and black. Diagram shows to hook up 2 red wires. The diagrams show wires coming off main loom but I don't see at all what colors to hook them to. I have 3 coming off main light 2 coming off Little light. Diagram only shows colors on loom not color to color , loom to wires coming off bulbs. I just need a real inside bucket pic.
clive

Post by clive »

I do not have a 250 so cannot help, the issue may be that your bike has already been rewired, all mine have, so colours bear no relationship to original diagrams. The three wires you have coming off the headlight bulb holder will be earth, dip and high beam. the pilot light will be pilot and earth. You may have to trace the wire connections to the dip switch which should have the dip and full beam headlight wires coming from it and a power supply via the main light switch to the centre connection on the dip switch.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Ignore the colours on the wiring diagram, follow the paths, they will more than likely be the same. Do you know how to check continuity with either a multi-meter or a lamp and battery?

Regards Mick
Janet

Post by Janet »

Mine looks like this.

The red wire on the left goes from the handlebar switch to the main beam and that to the right is for dipped. The blue/brown (yours may be a different colour) wire at the bottom of the picture, is actually at the top of the lamp when fitted and is common to both so neither works if it's not connected.
Foxxyl242000

Post by Foxxyl242000 »

Thank you for the pic! But I have 2 wires that come off the little light. And 3 coming off big bulb. Some of my wires have that rubber end. Guess a female connector and others have just reg metal end. I wish I knew how to post my head light pic. I have tried but can't figure that out..lol..I can rebuild a motor, transmission but electrical is like speaking in tongues to me. I know neg and pos to a battery that's it. lol..Sad I know
Janet

Post by Janet »

Your extra wires could be earths.
Only club members can post pictures directly to the forum so yours would have to be hosted elsewhere, such as Photobucket, flickr, and then a link typed to it posted here.